one

i hated my life right now

my dad got a new job, which made him have to transfer over to a new company, causing us to have to move. i had to leave behind all my friends, and my hometown. all i had ever known, now all gone.

we were moving into this nice home, three story house. it was pretty huge and looked slightly creepy from the outside, but the inside was very well kept and clean.

there was a ground pool in the backyard, which we probably wouldn't use for now since it was winter time. but just because the place was nice, didn't mean i liked it. i wanted to go back home, my real home, with my friends and where my comfort zone was.

my sisters were pretty ecstatic about it, giggling and talking loudly the whole car ride to our new home in holmes chapel. i sighed, looking out the window.

soon we arrived at the new house, the moving trucks that followed us here, parking in the front while we stopped in the drive way. my sisters pushed and shoved getting out of the car, screaming about picking their rooms, wanting the biggest one. i'm pretty sure with the size of this house all the rooms were quite big anyway, so i didn't see what all the fuss was about.

i get out slowly and walks towards the house behind two movers carrying in the couch. my mum walks up to me with a smile, i groan.

"zayn, aren't you going to go look and see what room you want?" she questions. i shrug.

"i don't really want to be here so it doesn't matter to me." she sighs, frowning.

"baby, i know you're upset about the move, but there was nothing we could've done to prevent that."

"dad could've quit his job."

"zayn you know he can't do that, he needs his job. he has a family to take care of, as do i." she says. i sigh, knowing she's right but i just wish that didn't involve us moving hours away from home.

"i know, i just miss my friends, i'm gonna be so alone here now and i don't know this town like i know bradford."

"you won't be alone, you'll make new friends at your new school and i'm sure there's people around here your age. and maybe if you took a walk around town you'd get familiar with it."

"yeah, i guess so." i reply lowly.

"just go find a room, we'll talk later okay zayn?" she says, patting my shoulder. i nod and go off, up the long spiral stair case. the stairs squeaked with every step i took and i found it annoying. once up the stairs fully, i regard the second floor where there's various doors.

it gave me an eerie feeling for some reason. the atmosphere in this house was heavy, and felt like it weighed down on my chest. i shook off the feeling and went up to the third floor instead.

up here it felt even heavier.

but i ignored it, looking in all the rooms to see which one i'd want. i choose the room that's at the very end of the hallway. it was pretty nice sized, not that i was worried about size too much. i walk inside and immediately get a chill.

the windows were closed, and the rest of the house wasn't this cold. what the hell?

i scoffed and shook it off, and looked around the room deciding i'd just go with it. plus, it had a balcony which was great.

i suddenly felt a feeling that i was being watched. i turned around quickly, but no one was there. i frowned, walking out of the room, looking straight down the hallway seeing no one, though the feeling didn't leave. i sighed shaking my head. maybe i was just paranoid.

i let out a breath and headed back down stairs where the rest of my family was.

"found a room you like?" my mum asks.

"yes i did."

"you're gonna like it here, just watch."

i really hoped so.

✝✝

comment feedback pls

hope you liked it, tell me what you think. x