seven

harry did what he said he'd do. he stayed. though he was never here whenever i woke up, he was always around during the day. whenever i came home from school he'd be lying on my bed curled up with his eyes closed.

it's been kind of weird, because i'd be talking to him and my family would always wonder who i'm talking to, or if i'm talking to myself, so i always have to kind of whisper whenever my family is around. otherwise they'll think i've gone mad.

harry hasn't told me much about himself yet, i figured he just wasn't ready and that's okay anyway. we just met each other so of course he's not gonna come out of nowhere and tell a stranger about his life story, or past life, since he is..dead.

i never really paid attention to the fact that he isn't necessarily alive, i just talk to him like a normal person. the only thing that sort of reminds me he's actually dead, is that painful looking injuries that show up on him from time to time. speaking of injuries, i'd been meaning to ask him about that, but i didn't know when was the right time and i didn't want to pressure him into telling me anything he wasn't ready to share with me.

also one thing that bothers me is how he always looks sad. i thought that me keeping him company would lighten his mood, but it didn't seem to. not by much anyway. harry would smile or laugh here or there, but i knew what he was feeling inside. his eyes told it all.

he was a sad soul, and i didn't think he could escape that. maybe because he died sad, his soul kind of just remains with that same emotion. maybe i could ask him about that too?

"zayn." i hear harry call me. i zone back into reality and looks over at him. he has his legs criss crossed, and is levitating over the coffee table.

"harry, what did i say about that? no levitating, it creeps my out." i tell him. harry giggles and lowers himself down, so that he's seated on the glass coffee table. if he were real he'd probably break through the table. not saying he's fat, just pointing out that the glass is very breakable and whole human body shouldn't be sitting on it.

"but it's fun."

"if i can't do it, you can't either."

"no fair." he pouts. i roll my eyes.

"what do you want to do today harry?"

"i don't know, you decide."

i think about it for a bit, before looking back at him. "how about we go to the park?" harry bites his lip and shakes his head no. i frown. "why not?"

"i can't leave." he mumbles.

"how come?"

"i'm trapped here zayn, i won't be able to leave."

"what happens if you try to leave?" i ask curiously.

"i teleport automatically back inside the house." he sighs, sadly. i frown.

"well that's no fun, how are we gonna explore together?" i wondered. harry shrugs.

"sorry."

"hey, no it's okay. we can do stuff around the house then." i tell him. he looks at me and smiles, nodding. he gets off the table and starts to make his body become solid. i wondered if his body was solid would i be the only one to see him? or would my family be able to see him as well. he was very well much touch-able, only in his solid state. but touching him was like touching a block of ice. he was freezing cold. but i didn't mind it really. it's not like i really touch him anyway, just the one time he asked me to.