eight

"19...20. ready or not here i come." i say, uncovering my eyes. it was a somewhat warm weekend outside and i was home alone, since my parents went out for a walk and enjoying nature and my sisters went to the park to enjoy the sun. i stayed home of course to keep my promise of keeping harry company.

not that i minded staying in anyway. i have yet to make any friends at my new school, although i did talk to a few people here or there. but i didn't have anyone to actually call my friend or hang out with. it's been almost a week since harry and i have been doing a lot together. secretly, whenever my family was home so no one would think i was going insane talking to myself. but whenever they left, we tended to be loud as we wanted to be.

since harry couldn't leave the house, we did a bunch of activities inside. i taught harry how to play some board games, and card games as well. we would watch movies every night before bed. and at dinner, harry would make funny faces behind my sisters heads, getting a laugh out of me. it was pretty cool being around harry, despite the circumstances.

ever since i told harry about a game called hide and seek, he has been non stop wanting to play. he's like a little kid whenever we play games and i feel bad that he's never got to experience most things people do as kids. he didn't even know what a cartoon was until he saw one of my sisters watching it. that horrified me. but i was okay with doing kid like things with him, after all, he deserved it. for not being able to do all those things before he passed. it's sad to think about but harry seems a lot more happy now that he's starting to get to know these things.

i look around the room seeing as he's not in here obviously. i get up from the edge of the bed where i was counting and walks out the room. "harry, wherever you are, i'm gonna find you!" i call out, my voice echoing through the empty house. along with that, i hear giggles echoing as well. i run down the hall way, looking inside the bathroom. nope not that.

i search every room on the third floor, before i walk down to the second floor starting to look around. i kept calling out to him, telling him how i'd find him and he couldn't hide forever. but i was kind of alert, noticing how eerily quiet it was now. not even harry's whisper-y giggle could be heard. maybe he just wanted to be quiet so i wouldn't find him. or maybe something more was going on. i shook that from my mind and just continued looking.

"harry?" i called out. i got no answer and not even a laughter to indicate anything. so i walked down to the last floor, looking around the family room. in the kitchen, the dining room, even the laundry room. no sign of him. he's either very good at this game or something is really wrong.

"harry?"

still no answer, so i sighed, crossing my arms. "okay, game's up, you can come out now." i say, waiting for him to just pop out from somewhere. but he doesn't. it's still quiet and not a peep is heard. "harry, where are you?"

i walk out of the laundry room, looking around slowly. then walks back to the family room, running a hand through my head. maybe he disappeared again? and went back to that whatever place he was describing to me. he says that's usually where he ends up once he disappears. maybe he had to go there? i didn't know the rules of a spirit or if they even had rules. but it was weird. where could he had gone?

suddenly my heart drops as i feel a weight on my back and my vision goes black. "rawrrr!"

"harry!" i yell, prying his hands from over my eyes. harry gets off my back, and i turn around quickly seeing him a giggling mess. "harry, you scared the shit out of me. i thought it was that insane sister of yours." i glared at him. harry stops laughing and smiles at me.

"am i scary yet?"

"you're even scarier than casper." i say. harry pouts.

"but casper isn't scary. why do you think he went to school to learn to be scary?" i laughed, shaking my head.

"well, when you're small and adorable, how do you expect people to be afraid of you?" i asked.

"i'm not small and adorable."

"can you see yourself in the mirror?"

"no silly, i'm a ghost." i laugh. then i hold out my hand for him to take. he slides his icy cold hand in mine and i lead him to the couch.

"want to settle down for a bit and watch cartoons?" he nods his head rapidly with excitement.

"can we watch, um what's that cartoon called? um s-scoby doo?" he asks, mispronounced it. i chuckle.

"it's scooby doo, and sure. we can watch that." he cheers and gets in a comfortable position on the couch, which confuses me. he's a ghost, he can't feel when his body is in an awkward position or anything, so how does he even get comfortable? he's a weird one.

i scroll through netflix and stop on scooby doo, clicking on it. and this is how our binge watching in scooby doo takes place.

✝✝