two

it's been almost a week since we moved in here. we hadn't finished packing just yet, we still had a bit more to go.

my bed was in my room though, along with my dressers, and other items i had packed with me. today i had just got done putting all my clothes away, and now i was unpacking some other things, like my lava lamp, toiletries, and all of my art.

i liked to draw and paint. i wasn't trying to be cocky or anything but i knew my art was good. it was always admired and such by my friends, family and even my teacher complimented whenever i was ready enough to show.

i hung some of my paintings on the wall, along with some posters as well. i went into my closet, kneeling down to look through some boxes, to find all of my comics that i usually collect and lay out on a small bookshelf. as i'm looking through all the boxes, i start to hear whispers.

very very soft whispers, that's so light you can't make out what it's saying but you can definitely hear the whispers. i frowned, turning around and the whispers stop. i was thinking maybe it was my sisters spying on me again. i didn't know what for but they always do that.

"safaa and waliyha, whatever you're up to, stop it." i call towards the door. then turns back to what i was doing. but then i hear the whispering start up again. i groan, putting down the item i had in my hand and going over to my door, opening it without even looking first before i speak.

"i said stop-" i cut myself off when i see that there was no one at the door. i looked around in confusion, walking out of my room. safaa and waliyha's rooms were on the second floor where my mum and dad's were, so it was weird hearing them talking from third floor. i went down the stairs and peaked inside of each of their rooms.

they weren't even with each other and they were just doing some unpacking as well in their own rooms. what the fuck was i hearing then? i had been paranoid ever since we arrived hear, maybe it was just all the stress of the move, maybe i needed to relax. i brushed a hand through my hair and made my way back up to my room.

once i make it there i notice something odd.

it was colder than it was before i left, and my room door was wide open. i remember only simply cracking it before i went to check on my sisters. i don't know how that happened. maybe i did leave it open that wide and forgot. i sigh, walking back into my room.

it felt weird, very unusual now. the air around me had a smell that wasn't here before.

it smelled sweet.

like perfume or better yet,

flowers.

what the hell was happening around here? i know i didn't spray anything in here, so why did it smell like this? i must have been tripping because something strange was going on.

i hear the whispering start up again and i grumble, turning around. my heart almost stops in my chest. i look down, seeing a single flower petal fallen. i kneel down and picks it up, seeing it's a very light pink lily petal. i hold it to my nose sniffing it, and realized this is where the sweet smell was coming from. but how'd this flower get in my room? i don't own any flowers, and i'd been the only one up here.

the petal was wet and smooth, and smelt fresh like it was newly grown. it was a real flower petal, it wasn't fake. i ran a hand through my head, i decided to just not over think things. no matter how weird this was, i couldn't let it get to me otherwise i'd end up losing my mind.

like i said, it was just the stress from the move. it had to be, there was no other explanation for it.

i placed the flower petal down on the foot of my bed and made my way back over to my closet, grabbing the box with my comics in it, and when i turned around i almost had a heart attack, dropping the box, all my comics spilling out. i did a double take, but nothing was there.

i could have sworn i just saw someone. it was a figure standing near the edge of my bed, but it disappeared before i could really take a good look. i rubbed my eyes, thinking i was just tired and my head wasn't screwed on right. i placed my hand over my heart, breathing out. i need to get out of this room before i drive myself mad.

i went down stairs to the kitchen to get a glass of water, to calm my nerves a little. god, i didn't know this would effect me so much. the stress is going straight to my head and making my mind play tricks on me. i take a deep breath.

this will be be over soon.

it's just a phase.

✝✝