Part III

(A/N): Apologies for the late update. Hope you enjoy ^.^
°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Three days later

Light was sitting at his desk, listening to his teacher's lecture on material Light already read ahead of. Leaning on his hand, bored, his gaze wondered outside the window taking notice what caught his attention.

A black notebook?

Light turned away from the window to the front of the class. The teacher called on his name to recite a paragraph from the text. Time ticked as time passed still throughout the day that notebook was weigh in his mind. Soon the school day was over and Light walked over to the path where the notebook fallen at. The black notebook was left untouched, Light thought as he picked it up.

Death Note? As in a notebook of Death. Must be one of those superstitious things, he thought but placed it in his bag.

As I walked home from school . This must be prank. Talk about sick. Why's everybody into this kind of crap, anyway? Like those dumb chain letters say you'll get cancer if you don't pass them on.

My mother greeted me and I handed her my scores results.

"Oh my Light, you've placed first again. And these are the nation wide college entrance scores. I'm so proud of you." Mom said.

I walked past her and said I was going to study.

"Do you want anything?", she asked.

"No, thanks." I said continue up the stairs to my room.

As I lay in my bed, I looked at the death note. There were rules written in the inside. English huh.

'This note will not take effect unless the writer has the person's face in their mind when writing his/her name. People sharing the same name will not be affected.'

'If the cause of death is written within forty seconds of writing the person's name it will happen.'

'If the cause of death is not specified. The person will simply die of a heart attack.'

'After writing the cause of death details the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and forty seconds.'

Hmn so you can let people die peacefully or make them suffer a painful death.

This is a prank. Writting a person's name and they will die. How stupid.

Light laid on his bed.

A prank this intricate isn't too bad, I guess

Time skip

It works! The notebook really works!

Recalling the events when I sat by my desk and turned on the t.v .

There was a news report, a man killed and wounded six people in Shinjuku has held eight hostages in a nursery school.
Police determined it is Kurou Otoharada.

His picture was displayed on the screen. I wrote down his name.

Forty seconds huh?

I watched the clock but nothing happened, see that this could be a joke. Then all of a sudden...

"What's this..?! The hostages are coming out! They all seem to be alright and now the police are going in!", the news reporter spoke," will they be able to arrest Otoharada?!"
"They're coming back out...but no sign of the captor just yet..."
"This is just in! The captor is found dead. It appears Otoharada is dead?!"