Part VI

L's POV

Hmm that girl... I was watching the whole scene unfold, how rare you see comrades against each other. But she is hiding something...she does look awfully familiar... no it couldn't be her...can it?

She doesn't seem to find me familiar, not by my name... she's very pretty, beautiful even, that long wavy dark brown hair, and brown eyes...no it couldn't be her , her right eye was red..but something about her, the kindness but guarded calculated look she has in those eyes.

*sigh* I can't let this distract me, so I turned on the intercom. Reaching with my other hand toward a sugar bowl and placing handful in my teacup.

"Alright, please continue with your investigation." That caught all of the task force members attention and they soon started.

Very few looked concern to the door Kurosaki left.

L was staring into his tea cup.

Ms. Ayame Kurosaki....

Ayame's POV

I was sitting on a lone park bench, sitting in a posting with one leg tucked under and the other hanged out. I had a lollipop tucked in my mouth. The park was practically empty and I was able to talk to Mugen.
"Mugen" , I began, "thank you for not killing that guy...even though he should deserved it but it's still wrong."

"I knew you weren't in any danger but still for that person to pull a blank on you. Humans are cruel"

"It's weird right...that even you can't see my life span." I questioned, removing the lollipop, which is now a stick, from my mouth. I had my newly purchase two jars of lollipops.

"...well you do have a Shinigami eye."

He said helpfully, I gave him a small smile but didn't last, Mugen already explained well the most of it.

That memory. I have to know.

"Mugen", I said my tone changed I felt his eyes on me but I didn't look at him,"When the blank fired...a memory...my memory...I was threatened by a gun...I think..no I'm sure I was protecting that person...but the man... there was a man...he was...wearing a mask."

I groaned wincing in pain.

"Don't Ayame. It's too much forcing it."

"Mugen, tell me why...why...I hate this!", I clenched my teeth,"a cop is afraid of a gun! I was only fortunate before because I wasn't alone! But why! Why was today different! It can't be the Death Note...could it?"

"No...are you okay, Ayame?"

Mugen's kindness was comforting but why do I feel like he is hiding something from me.

I want to cry. But I can't. There is something that I need to focus is on this case and figure out a way to help them without revealing the Shinigami World, my eye, Mugen....or is it unavoidable?

...

"I don't want to go back. Not yet...", I sighed as I hanged my head, thank goodness the park was empty.
"Hey, Mugen, are you alright. I noticed how quiet you were during the meeting."

".... It's nothing, Ayame," he replied, obviously he wants this to drop.

"Sigh, alright then," I said, taking out the small package, I removed the small ribbon tied around it, inside it was a single red rose.

"He's asking you to meet him."

"Hmmm yes, I might as well go now. Most likely it would concern about word from those that broke alliance with me." I got up and dusted my pants and made my way to well the most unpleasant area but well furnished area.

Case: Unsolved Past (Death Note Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें