Part V

Ayame's POV

I stood there shock, along with the rest of the Special Task Force members. Mugen behind me (unseen from human eyes) of L's confrontation with Kira. So he really did connect from Kira's first killing.

L is really anazing, I thought, I had a green apple lollipop in my mouth, I made a quick glance at the back.of the room where, Watari and the computer that displayed L's font- his form of contact with us.

I fiddled with the handle and ran my other hand down my hair . Can he do it? Without even knowing this case connects to death note and Shinigami.

My mind was pounding over that. L is someone who bases everything on facts and real evidence.

"Ayame"

How is he, and the task, are going to believe a notebook has the power to.kill someone just by writing their name and face?

"Ayame?"

"Ayame?"

Just saying it out loud would be insane. They won't believe it, they can't! It's dangerous. I can't say anything!!!

"Ayame?!", multi voices yelled, that snapped me out of thoughts. It lead me to bite down hard on the lollipop.

Ow!

"Huh? What is it?," I said rubbing my jaw to soothe the ache, looking around and noticed everyone was staring at me. Their eyes filled with worry.

Did I forget to put my contact len!!! My hand flew instinctively over my eye.

Don't worry , it's still cover, Mugen said.

Cheif finally talked, "Ayame, are you okay? You've been very quiet and you didn't respond when we were calling you."

Maybe she afraid of Kira's power.

Hmm makes sense, she is female.

She's too young to even be involve in this case.

That irked me!

"What the hell did you say! Just because I'm female doesn't make me weak!" My temper was rising as I yelled at the men that made those comments.

"Ayame ", Aizawa said, "calm down. They didn't mean any disrespect."

"Whatever," I flushed in embarrassment, gosh how embarrassing! Turning my head .

Mugen was snickering.

"Let's just get on with the meeting," I said, hastily grabbing my files that were placed on my desk.

"Right," Chief Yagami said but the look on his face stated he was unconvinced. Sigh guess I have some explaining to do.

I started grabbing a cherry flavor from my jar.

"Alright, so we looked into, in L's request", Nowaki said as glanced nervously at the back, "the time of deaths of all with cardiac arrest. Mostly active in the week days but on weekends are slightly more compared to weekdays. That with the exceptional from holidays, we think this fit a schedule for a teenager."

The statement made everyone had collective sighs throughout the whole room.

Hmmm... I thought as moved beside Matsuda, where a white board was there. And I started taking notes.

High possibilty Kira could be a high schooler.

Another member stood up and gave his report, "we looked into how these prisoners names and faces were known, just as both L and Ayame stated, were publicly known through t.v and internet."