Chapter Three

The being's eyes were filled with pain and anger, but all Frank could focus on was how.. How beautiful it was..

It was at that moment Jamia walked into the room, and she did a double take at the sight before her. She was unsure whether to run up and restrain the being, or whether to stay back and watch with unsure eyes. Holding a hand out, Frank stood to his feet slowly. "Hello, we mean no harm.. Please stay calm.. Do you understand what I'm saying?" The thing looked up at Frank, and simply nodded its head, staying silent, as if it were thinking what it should do.

"We found your, your ship. It had crashed, in the middle of NJ forest. We brought you and another.. Another one of you back here," At the mention of someone else, Frank saw the being perk up, "Would you be able to answer some questions for us?" The being nodded its head again, waiting for Frank to speak, anticipating what exactly it was going to be asked.

"Firstly, what are you?" Frank chewed his lip, would this thing even be able to speak? To his surprise, the thing opened its mouth, and began to speak in near enough fluent English. "I'm an alien, I'm part of the Hetitantious Aliens, which I guess to you would be known as Hesitant Aliens. We're a species of alien." Frank nodded his head slowly. Well, now they knew what species this thing was. He glanced behind the alien to see Jamia scribbling down notes vividly.

"Alright, thank you. Secondly, would you be able to tell us where you were heading?" The alien gave a brief nod, looking down at Frank. "We were taking a look at this planet, trying to find out more about it. This planet is the least known planet to all aliens, and we all work together to find out what we can." Interesting. Frank nodded his head, a simple movement, before moving on to his final question for now.

"What is your name, if you have one?"
"My name is Gerard, in the language you speak." Frank nodded and reached his hand out to shake Gerard's. "Its nice to meet you, Gerard. I'm Frank." Gerard took Frank's hand in his and gave it a slight shake, like he had been taught to do back at his own planet. When he pulled his hand back, he cleared his throat, "Um, would I be able to ask you a question?" Frank nodded his head, he saw no problem with it. "Where's my brother?"

Frank bit down on his lip, hard. Fuck. How the fuck was he going to tell him..

"I need you to stay calm, okay?" Frank looked up at Gerard, who slowly nodded, unsure of how to respond, "Your brother he.. He's dead..." A look of pain instantly washed over Gerard's face, the look so heartbreaking that Frank himself felt his heart squeeze in pain. "D-dead..? N-no.. No, that can't be.. You're lying! Where is my brother!" Gerard's voice was full of raw emotion as he shouted, stepping down from the table and towering over Frank and Jamia who had rushed to Frank's side. "I'm sorry, I'm not.. If you calm down, we'll take you to him, okay?" Gerard nodded, staying silent as tears pricked his eyes.

When Gerard had calmed down, Frank led him towards the room where his brother's carcass lay. The door was opened and Gerard instantly rushed over to the still body. "M-Mikey!" A wail left his mouth as he collapsed against the table, his arms around the lifeless body of his brother, Mikey. Standing there, Frank felt guilty, ashamed. He knew it wasn't his fault, not at all, but he couldn't help but feel like somehow, he was to blame for all of this. No one disrupted Gerard, and an undetermined amount of time passed before Gerard finally stood straight, wiping his eyes clean and leaning down to press a soft kiss to Mikey's cold forehead, mumbling a sentence which Frank could barely hear or understand, before turning and walking out of the room silently.

There was nothing to say, nothing to do. Gerard felt lost without his partner, his other half, his brother. They had done everything together; from sharing their cassettes of their favourite bands to learning about the humans - a fascinating subject that they both felt passionately about. He had never even cast a thought to the fact that, one day, they were going to die, and one was going to die before the other. He cursed the fact that Mikey had to go first. Now Gerard was stuck on this familiar yet unknown planet with no way to get to or communicate with home. Gerard walked back into the lab and collapsed on the floor, leaning against the wall as he curled up, his tall body now seeming so small, so fragile.

All the while, Frank watched. Following Gerard, staying silent, not wanting to interrupt whatever thoughts were running through the aliens mind. Frank had no idea how they gave their final goodbye's on Gerard's planet, but, for Gerard, he was going to give Mikey a funeral. Fuck their tests, Frank felt a somewhat emotional connection to this alien, and he knew that the good thing to do was allow Gerard to give him a proper send off.

//AN

Personally, I'm not too happy with the turn out of this chapter. I'm sorry for it. I'm also sorry for it being late. Some shit has happened, and I'm back at school, and yeah.
Thanks for reading, and voting, and being supportive <3.

~Bowie