Chapter Four

Frank sat down on the ground beside Gerard, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Hey, you're okay.. I'm so sorry about your brother, I really am.. Is.. Is there a traditional way you send off your loved ones? Or do you want us to host a funeral? To give him, Mikey, a proper send off?" Frank spoke in a soft voice as he soothingly rubbed Gerard's shoulder, and the teary alien nodded his head, "Th-that would be nice.. Thank you, Frank.." Frank smiled at Gerard softly as he looked up, before standing to his feet, "I should introduce you to my friend and assistant, Jamia. Do you want to come with me?" After Gerard also stood, Frank led him to where Jamia sat in her own office after she had decided it to be best to leave Frank and Gerard. She looked up as she heard the door open, and she kept a gentle smile on her face. "Jamia, I would like to properly introduce you to Gerard of the Hesitant Aliens. Gerard, this is Jamia Nestor, my best friend and assistant to all of my science expirements and research tasks." Jamia stood up and walked over to them as Frank spoke, stopping so she stood just in front of them and held her hand out, "Hi, its a pleasure to meet you."

It had taken days, and a lot of lies, but Frank had finally arranged the perfect funeral for Mikey. With as few questions as possible asked, he had gotten the right sized coffin, and after a discussion with Gerard there was no use in purchasing a suit, as Gerard wanted Mikey buried in his clothes, a remnant of where Mikey was from, and that his funeral on Earth wouldn't change who he truly was. They dressed up in their best clothes; with Gerard wearing the same suit he had been wearing when they had discovered him which had been fixed up as best as possible by Jamia, and headed off to the back yard of the lab. Frank had spent hours the day before digging a grave with the right proportions, and Jamia had helped him lower the casket in. The pile of mud beside the hole was large, and ready to be dropped back in. Taking a deep breath, Gerard stepped forward and dropped the lillies which Frank had given him into the grave before saying something in a tongue unknown to Jamia and Frank. Gerard did a small salute, a tear rolling down his cheek, before turning and walking back to Jamia's calming support, whilst Frank moved forward and began to pile the mud over the casket.

An hour later, the casket is covered and the mud is compacted, grass seeds sprinkled over the bare mud and a bouquet of bright flowers placed atop. Sat inside, Frank and Jamia coax and soothe Gerard, who's crying still, his pink skin tinted with raw red, his eyes sore from the continuous stream of tears. A look between Jamia and Frank is what finally wills Frank to speak, and when he does it is in a soft voice, "Hey, Gerard? Do you know how to contact your home?" Gerard shook his head as he looked up, the tears streaming down his face as he looked up at the sky and let out a soft sigh, "No.. I haven't a clue.. I guess we could try to reassemble some of the machinery in my ship, try and make something alike to the phone we used to contact back home.." Gerard pushed his hair back from his face and wiped his eyes, taking in a deep breath, "All I want to do know, though, is sleep."

After closing up the lab, Frank, Jamia and Gerard climbed into the car - Gerard having to bend down in a rather uncomfortable position due to his unfortunate height - and began their way home. Jamia was dropped off at her home by Frank with promises of being picked up at the same time as usual tomorrow before Frank pulled out of her driveway and continued on his way to his own home. With the click of a switch, the radio came to life and Helena by The Misfits began to play, Frank nodding his head and singing along quietly. Gerard listened silently, to both the song and to Frank's voice, and marvelled by them both. By the end of the song Gerard pipped up quietly, "You have a nice singing voice.." Frank smiled softly to himself,
"Thank you, I actually used to be in a band before I started to become a proper scientist. I miss it sometimes."
"Really? That's really cool.. Back at home me and Mikey always listened to cassettes we found of bands, I think a few we got from your planet. Capsules tend to be sent out, and we've found out a lot about you from them." Frank nodded his head as he listened to Gerard's reply, pulling into his driveway, "Sounds interesting. You must tell me more later."

Getting Gerard ready for bed proved a nuisance. Frank was so small that his clothes would hardly fit an average sized person, let alone an alien to the extreme measurements of Gerard's. After a lot of ripping of sheets, sewing, and swearing at the odd accidental prick to the finger, Frank had created a kind of onesie for Gerard out of old bedsheets. It was hardly a work of art, and the material was extremely flimsy, but due to their current situation it had to do. The spare room was a nice white colour with a single red wall, random paintings hanging from the walls and the bed covered in a bed spread of porcelain white with raven black details. Making sure he was okay, Frank helped Gerard into the bed and said goodnight before closing the door up and walking to his own room. Frank stripped down to his boxers before climbing into bed, pulling the covers over him before slowly falling asleep, leaving Gerard's crying unheard.

//AN

Hey guys, I need a little help. Do any of you know what the planet Gerard was supposedly from is in Hesitant Alien? I've been told Planet Hesitant, but I was sure it was something different.. Anyways, it's pretty vital to the story, so I would really appreciate it if someone helped me out here.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!