views.

views.
no matter how many times i re-write this i don't 100% like it. i'm too fussy, i guess.

Ethan

Ethan.

I met him two weeks ago through Nate Garner, my best friend and we just clicked.

He's funny. He's kind. He's creative. He cares.

He's good looking but that's beside the point. We aren't dating, nor will we ever.

We want different things in life.

"Y/N can you pass me my phone?" Ethan asked.

"Here."

He opened up the camera app and began taking pictures of the night's sky.

We were up on the rooftop of a Los Angeles restaurant that Ethan had booked. It was just the two of us spread out across the floor with a blanket and our meal.

"Can you take a picture of me on the ledge?"

"Sure." I smiled.

I angled his phone perfectly so that all you could see was his perfect silhouette, a snippet of the LA skyline and the breath-taking sunset in front of us.

"Whoa. That's awesome! Thanks babe." He praised, planting a kiss on my cheek.

He did cute stuff like that all the time when we were alone. Ethan is the sweetest person I know. And I'm thankful to know him.

"Where do you think you'll be in 5 years?" I questioned Ethan. The last thing I wanted was to freak him out but I needed an answer.

Two weeks. Fourteen days. It's not long at all yet somehow I feel connected to him. And mini gestures he performs daily, prove my point:

He holds open doors
He always does the washing up
He lets me have final say on movies
He calls me sweet names
He never undermines me

He's a gentleman first and foremost; a joker a lot of the time but a non stop gentleman.

"Doing what I do now. On a larger scale, maybe. Keeping people that I care about; and that care about me, happy and in my heart. It sounds cringey but I want to make an impact on people's lives. Even if it's a small amount and only affects few I still want to try."

The charismatic energy flowing out of him inspired me to be like him. The way he spoke made you believe.

One of the most influential people I know, Ethan Dolan.

"What about you?" He smiled, flipping the conversation around.

"In five years? I want to be a journalist, travelling the world, documenting in words what's going on in society around us. But I expect to probably just end up failing and committing to something less thrilling." I sighed.

"Never lose hope on your dreams. If you're passionate enough about it, you'll get there."
Ethan reassured me.

"To never losing hope." I toasted, raising my lemonade glass.

"To never losing hope." He echoed.

We both took a sip of our drinks and placed them on the mini tables we had beside us.

Suddenly, Ethan spontaneously smashed his lips onto mine in a rough, heated make out while his hands ran over every inch of my skin.

He leaned over me so that my back was against the hard floor coated by our blanket and intensified our kiss.

He slipped his tongue into my mouth when I moaned in satisfaction and began pleasuring me that way.

It felt like a lifetime before he finally pulled away.

Sometimes even a lifetime isn't enough.

"Y/N, we have different ideas about how life will pan out but do you wanna find out with me." His round, green orbs found his way to mine as he waited for an answer.

"Yes. I do."

+joyce

+joyce