thinkin bout you.

thinking bout you.
you can play the song now but the pace of the story doesn't match the song. italics are song lyrics not dialogue (unless enclosed in speech marks).

I've been thinkin' bout you,yeah, I've been missing you

yeah, I've been missing you.

my mind had my estranged boyfriend on a loop that appeared to never break. it's like I couldn't escape him, everywhere I looked I could see a little piece of ethan alongside me.

watching old episodes of gossip girl for the one thousandth time since ethan had been gone, I decided to give him a ring. it couldn't hurt, worst case he wouldn't pick up. I hated the fact that he didn't have time for me anymore.

"Where the hell are you, oh, when I need you?" I mumbled under my breath as the line continued to drone on with the same dial tone.

I could still hear your voice,
I ain't got no choice, cause I'm here all alone.

almost about to hang up, our phones connected and I heard his sweet voice on the other side. crazy to think my boyfriend was in chicago performing for his many fans. I adored him for how much he does for them, their relationship is so special.

"hi baby." he cooed, instantly warming my heart with his sweet words.

"I can't wait 'til you get home." I breathed out, relaxing now that those words were out of my system. obviously I adored what he was doing for his supporters but the pain of being so far away was starting to destroy me.

oh, I don't have you here with me,
but at least I have the memory.

"don't think about me coming home. honestly Y/N, it'll be better if you try and shove it out of your brain. I'll be back soon." he sighed.

I try to make it through the night,
but I can't control my mind.

"it's impossible." I moaned, squeezing my eyes shut in attempt at erasing my surroundings. I only want to be with ethan right now.

I'm just thinkin' bout you.
I'm thinkin' bout you, I'm thinkin' bout you.
I'm just thinkin' bout you.
I'm thinkin' bout you, I'm thinkin' bout you.

"I'm thinking bout you. all the time." he assured me. if only we were face to face, I could practically envision him smiling right about now.

"and I love you for that."

baby, I don't want no one, no one else.
so hurry, cause I need some, need some, need some help.

"coming home from school is the worst now that I can't just come and chill at yours. it's like our lives have been flipped and yours is for the better while mine is a mess."

"but at least you have the memory." he comforted me. I'll be home quicker than you know it." he chuckled.

"I've been missing you." I smiled to myself.

"I'm thinkin' bout you." he replied.

" he replied

+joyce