Frozen

Narrator

   Annie freezes as she stares into the depths of the Guardian's eyes.  She can't believe what she is seeing– something that she's never experienced before.  Her limbs can't move– it seems as though she is stuck in quicksand all the way up to her neck.  As the Guardian keeps Annie pinned with her gaze, the Survey Corps stand shocked on nearby buildings, just as immobile as Annie is, though not by force of will.

   The Guardian's eyes seem to drown Annie in their crimson depths.  When anyone looks into them, they are frozen until the Guardian looks away, or releases them from her control.  As the Female Titan stands rooted to the ground, Spark starts to slowly creep closer to her.  Her long bangs now frame her face and are loosely smoothed back over the top of her head, leaving both her hands free.

   "You hurt my friends.  You killed Farlan.  You are a traitor to humanity, Annie Leonhardt.  How do you plead?"  Everyone hears the Guardian's voice in their heads– it's as if she is telepathically communicating with the Survey Corps members, and every other human in the vicinity.  Spark stands mere meters away from Annie, a deadly calm look in her eyes.  The blonde human starts to struggle, unable to tear her eyes from the red irises that bore into her soul.

   "Well, if you won't say anything....  Annie Leonhardt, you have committed the greatest sins towards humanity.  You have betrayed them, killed them, and hurt many of them.  Therefore, I pronounce you... guilty."  Annie stills, a shocked looked overcoming her features.  No one reacts when Spark slowly raises her hand up to the blonde's forehead, and simply flicks her fingers.

   Annie instantly goes flying backwards, crashing into the wall with a loud Boom.  Spark turns away from her, and faces Eren.

   "She's all yours, Eren."  The brunette gives a vicious roar before launching forward into the dust, as the Guardian watches from a few meters away. The military's attention is split between the monster that is Eren and the figure that stands behind him, eyes exposed and posture confident.  She doesn't even lift a finger to help when the blonde begins to climb the wall, because she can tell Mikasa will fly in and get her revenge.  The being watches in satisfaction as Annie falls, fingerless, back to the ground.

Spark's P.O.V

My mind is empty. A strong sense of... happiness? overcomes me as I observe the way Eren destroys Annie. She's finally getting what she deserves.

"Spark?" I turn my head and lock eyes with Armin, who stands motionless on the ground close to a nearby building.  Reaching down, I send out a wave of comfort towards the boy, who is able to move again once I release him from my gaze.  Picking him up gently, I set him near the rest of the Survey Corps members on the roof of a tall structure, who all gaze at me in awe.

   "H-how...?"  I shake my head, and turn away from Armin.

   "I will tell you in due time." 

   "Tch, well I guess you can be a force to be reckoned with when you set your mind to it."  I look over to see Levi standing next to Erwin who is surrounded by Military Police.  I grin at the man.

   "Only when I have long, inspirational speeches to get me back on my feet."  A small smile tugs at his lips.  I nod to Erwin, before I returning my focus back to the fight.  Panic instantly flares in my stomach as I see Eren crouched over an exposed Annie.  He's torn a chunk out of her neck, and is leaning down when he stops.  Even I can see there is something wrong... but what is happening?  My eyes widen in realization.  Oh, no–  I straighten and spring forward, scolding myself for not realizing it earlier.  A single tear slides down Annie's cheek, her last resort if all else failed.  If she can't have him, no one can.  The tear crystalizes, and hardened diamond begins surrounding her, encasing her in a long, sharply-ended cylinder.  Since Eren is gripping onto her, staring at her in confusion, he starts to become solidified, too.

   Quickly reaching Eren's side, I lean down to the boy's neck, and wrap my hands loosely around his human form.  Hardened muscle builds beneath my skin, making my wrists and hands bigger; this will protect Eren from the danger that is to come.  Annie's diamond begins spreading up my arms at an alarmingly fast rate, and I know I won't be able to escape as long as I am protecting Eren.

   "NO!"  Looking over, I spot Armin running towards me on the ground, and I smile at him.  A true, genuine smile.  He stops, tears pouring down his face.  "No..."  The diamond is encasing my neck, and I quickly mouth one word to him as my limbs succumb to numbness.  One word that sends even more tears cascading down his face.  Then, the diamond covers me completely, and I fall.  I fall into the darkness that's surrounding me.

Narrator

   "No..."  Armin watches as Spark smiles at him, and mouths one clear word to him.  He can't stop the tears flowing freely down his cheeks as he watches her become frozen in the hardened shell Annie produced.

   "EREN!"  Mikasa flies past him, but stops in alarm when a pulsing sound fills the air.

   BOOM!

   Glass-like material is thrown everywhere, causing everyone to duck their heads and cover their eyes.

   "Eren?!"  Mikasa approaches the crystallized Titans warily, and kneels down at the nape of the Male Titan's neck.  A weak cough rises from the cocoon-like center, and a look of relief adorns the raven-haired girl's features.  "Eren..."  Mikasa helps her adoptive brother sit up, and she glances up at the diamond-encased face of the Guardian.  "Thank you."  After whispering these words, she looks back down at Eren, assessing his state.

   He doesn't look good– red marks cover his face and trail down his arms, and he's hot to the touch.  His eyes are half-lidded and his breathing is shallow, and Mikasa gently lifts him, despite the fact that a light layer of steam rises from his body.

   Armin is worried for him as well, but he can't move.  The Guardian... sacrificed herself  for humanity...?  The blond fights back a new wave of tears as he rises from his knees, and helps Mikasa get Eren to the infirmary.

   Levi looks on in amazement at the diamond-encased Guardian.  As Erwin is taken in for questioning, Hanji gently sets a hand on his shoulder.

   "I can't believe it."  Unlike everyone else who thinks Levi doesn't express any emotions, Hanji can see the hint of shock and sadness in her friend's eyes.  She knows he needs some alone time, so she flies off using her 3D maneuvering gear.  Levi is experiencing a whole whirlwind of emotions.  So you knew Farlan...  He shakes his head, letting out a sad chuckle.  It truly was a pleasure knowing you, Spark.  Levi turns, and jumps off the building, allowing the wind and routine motions of using his gear take over his mind.