Chapter One: Kidnapped

If I had just said no, I wouldn't have been in this mess. The only people who I wanted to see forever, and now I was forced to be with them. I almost started crying again, but I was scared to.

I heard him pacing. He was nervous as hell. I was even more nervous. I was alone. I shouldn't have gone to Warped Tour alone. I knew it. I knew something like this was going to happen. I fucking knew it and still I decided to go. I rubbed my face in the sweater that was given to me.

"Don't throw up." warned the accented voice. I flinched away from it and held my breath.

Please don't come closer. I signed, my eyes threatening to well over with tears. There was a sigh.

"I still don't know what you're saying. Can you seriously not talk? Or do you just choose not to?"

I blinked at the person standing in front of me. It was hard to see him because of the lighting. Instead of answering him, I turned away as far as the chain of the handcuffs would let me. I heard him sigh again.

"I'm sorry this happened. It wasn't supposed to happen this way. It wasn't supposed to happen at all. But you're here, aren't you?" He chuckled and reached out to touch me. I gave a short lived moan and scrambled away.

Don't touch me! I signed again. He stopped shortly and frowned, scratching his head.

"Dammit. I have no fucking idea what you're saying! Are you a mute or do you just not want to talk?" He peered anxiously at me.

I flinched at his tone and focused on the radiator that he chained me to. It was rusting a little bit and I was nervous to put my hand near it. I didn't get my tetanus shot this year so I could get infected easily. I heard him shake his head and leave the room. I started to cry again. I wish I could talk to him. To beg him...but I haven't talked since my brother and I had gotten into the car accident. Words are pushing against my lips, but they die right when they touched my teeth.

I couldn't shake what I saw from when he had kidnapped me. He was backstage, talking with someone. A man. My kidnapper raised his arms above his head and started waving them around, angrily. The rest of his band came up. Someone pushed him. The innocent man went toppling down and hit something wrong, his neck snapping. Why did I have to see that? Why me?

The first man looked at me and made eye contact with me, then chased me down, grabbed me, and threw me into the trunk of the car. Then he brought me here. A hotel. The rest of his band was in the hallway, talking about me. Me. ME.

I leaned against the radiator and flinched as the door opened again. This time, a different man walked in. This man had more tattoos than the other man. The tattoos went up his neck. He flipped on a light switch and I blinked at him. Oliver Sykes. What the fuck?

He smiled shakily at me and handed me a notepad and pen.

"Can you...erm...write?" he asked, handing me the pen and paper. I nodded once. "Good. Lee said you couldn't talk. Do you want to tell me your name?"

I glared at him. No.

"Okay." He seemed offended. Fuck him. "I'm Oli."

I know. I stared at him as he read this. He smiled at me, a half smile.

"Are you a fan?"

Was a fan. I watched as his expression turned from happy to stormy.

"Did you see what happened?" he asked, not paying attention to what I wrote. I sighed and dropped the pen and paper.

Yes. I signed. You killed that man? Why?

Oli tapped at the paper. "I can't sign. Or read sign language. Can you please write it out?" I rolled my eyes and tried to get comfortable against the radiator, which was hard to do. I sighed loudly and grabbed the pen and paper.