Chapter Five: Mmrs

"She talked to you?" whispered Lee's voice. Jordan muttered a yes. "What did she say?" 

"She wanted to go home." Jordan sounded uncomfortable. I just pretended to be sleeping. I didn't want them to stop their conversation because of me. I felt something moving and put the pieces together. I was in a car. 

"We have to talk to her and make sure that she won't tell anyone." 

"We can sit down and talk to her. I'm sure she'll understand." Vegan sounded tired. 

"We can't just expect her not to tell anyone." Matt's tone was angry. I felt myself involuntarily stiffen. I hoped no one would notice. "I mean, look at the facts. Accident or not, we killed that man." 

"I agree with Matt..." Oli sighed. "We did kill him. Not to mention, we kidnapped her." 

"We can't keep her forever." Jordan scolded. 

"We can't just let her go either." Oli replied. "So what can we do?" 

They fell into silence again. I slowly felt around for a hand. I knew Jordan was sitting next to me. I fell asleep on him. I gently opened his hand up a little bit. He jumped a little bit and looked down at me, cautious. I slowly signed in his palm. His eyes stared at my hands. 

Are you going to kill me?

Jordan shook his head slowly and leaned down, whispering in my ear. "No. Why would we do that?" 

I started to sign some more. Do you like me?

"What's not to like?" he grinned. 

Funny. If you like me, you'll help me escape. I looked up to see his reaction. He looked like he stopped breathing for a minute. He sighed at me and rubbed his head. The others were not paying attention to our conversation. Lucky us. He sighed deeply and rolled his eyes. 

"How am I supposed to do that? Why should I? You're going home." 

I felt like crying. You and I know that's not true. I watched him looked sadly at me. I know you're not going to let me go. There's no way you all can agree. I'll end up hurt...or disabled. Please. I want to go home. I leaned up to his ear. "I want to go home." 

Jordan sighed and kissed my cheek. If I help you...you can't tell anyone. I trust you, but they don't trust you. You can't tell anyone. Promise me?

I nodded and started signing again. I promise.

Jordan groaned loudly and threw his arm around me. Four days. Okay? Four days and I'll help you.

I nodded and sank back into an uneasy sleep. 

❶❷❸❹❺❻❼❽❾❿

"Wake up." said a new voice. It sounded gruff and angry. I opened my eyes and saw Matt. He was rubbing his eyes slightly. "C'mon, I'm to bring you in. The others are getting settled."

I nodded and walked in front of Matt, his hand on my shoulder. I closed my eyes and let him lead me around. Four days. Four days and Jordan would help me escape. Trust. I trust him. 

"Why don't you talk?" Matt asked, opening a door for me. I walked into the small house and saw some people passed out on the couch. As I got closer, I realized that they were Lee and Vegan. Oli was in the kitchen doing something with Jordan. 

I turned and faced Matt. I could talk to him, but I'd have to be quiet. Could I talk to him? 

No. I would not. I shrugged instead and decided to go to the bathroom.