Chapter 2.

“Where were you?” Cali’s dad asks her, drinking a cup of coffee. “Like you care..” she mumbles. “What did you just say to me?” he says angrily. “I was for a run. That’s what I said. Sorry I didn’t tell you.” I could tell he was mad. His knuckles were white and his teeth were crunching together. “I said im sorry.” He hesitates and takes a step towards me. “No you’re not Cali; don’t even play that game with me.” He honestly scares the crap out of me. I know he has an anger problem, and that sends chills up my spine. He was still walking toward me. I swear he is going to snap one day and just straight out punch me, I think to myself, backing away from my father. “Dad, stop. I really am sorry.” My voice cracks on the word sorry. “Don’t underestimate me Cali. I know you’re lying, just stop.” Now what do I do? “Dad, calm down. Please.” Suddenly he stops, turns around, and walks back to the kitchen. I wipe my forehead, realizing there is sweat trickling down my face. I sneak off to my room, heart pounding out of my chest. What would I have done if he went at me? He is too big for me to fight off. When I got to the top of the stairs, I whispered “I hate you.” Trudging to my room, I open the door and instantly feel better. “Let’s just hope it lasts.” I say, not even caring if he hears.

                           "Mmmm. I'm hungry," I notices after a nap in my room. Walking down the stairs, I feel weird. It so quiet in the house. Where did my dad go? When I got to the kitchen, I see a note on the table. "Oh no. Again? Seriously dad!" I pick up the note, anger building up in my chest.. It says, " I'm going out for a few days. Trying to blow out some steam. There is some food in the fridge. Use it myself or don't, I don't care. Bye." He usually does this a few times a month, just leaves without warning. Its not like he cares about his only daughter anyways. I honestly don't care about the whole situation, but the thing that gets to me is that he doesn't even love me enough to come upstairs and say goodbye face to face. Its like I'm just a prisoner in this world of pain. I know I sound selfish, but I honestly wish my dad was the one who died instead of my mom, i think to myself. "she would have loved me the way I should be loved." 

                               I walk over to the fridge to get something to chew on. When he said there was some food, he didn't't mean much. Grabbing a yogurt, I walk over to the couch. I turn on the TV, realizing there probably won't be anything on that's the least bit interesting. "Shit.." I mumble, dropping the remote. I scramble it up and scroll through the channels. Nothing, as I suspected. All of a sudden, all the anger from the school day earlier, and my dad crawls up inside me. I throw the clicker at the wall, leaving a black mark. I don't even care though. I walk over to the sink. and throw my spoon in. I put down the empty yogurt container and explode. I scream bloody murder. "SCREW YOU WORLD. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU!!" I storm over to the door, throw on my shoes, and stand up. Opening the door, I realized that I am pissed. Like total pissed. I slam the door and run. Run as fast as I can in any direction, and as I'm flying towards the woods, I scream my last words into the dark sky. " COME AT ME WORLD. I DARE YOU."