Chapter 5.

"Run Cali. Just keep running. Just keep running" I mumble to myself, shoots of pair running up my legs and back. I couldn't stop now. I was so close to the spot where Eli was before. To clear things up, Eli is what people would consider "emo". I would never label him as anything. He is just a person, as I am! The thing that stuck to me the most about him though, was his way to put a smile on my face on that awful day I first saw him. He made my life just a little brighter, and that is exactly what I need. With his staight black hair to the black clothes he wore all over, he was the boy version of me and I have never experienced that before. No one has EVER been like me. As the little available energy I have left in me escapes my body, I find myself at the rock. "No. Are you kidding me?!" I yell as I notice Eli isn't there. "Im so stupid!" I run over to the rock and crawl up into a ball. Surprisingly, I feel tears running down my face. I needed Eli to be here. I needed him to make me smile. I needed it more than anything in the world. Because if he didn't help me, I would relapse. I would give in to the darkness. I would cut like I had all those other times when nobody was there to help.

                  "Hey, Cali?" Are you okay!" is the only thing I hear as I realize its him. Its Eli. I turn over on the rock as he runs over to me. I guess I had been out for a while. He kneels next to the rock and looks at me. I sit up, feeling a pain shoot up my arm. I look down to a huge gash in my arm. He sees me looking at my arm. When he looks down, I try to hide it but he grabs my arm just before I could get it out of sight. "Cali," he gasps."Did you do this?" I look up at his worried face. "No, no. I must have fallen." I lie to him, trying to wipe my tears away. I could tell by the way he looked up at me that he knew that wasn't true. "Cali, I know you did this to yourself. You don't have to lie to me." he says, sitting down next to me. He is still holding my arm, being extra careful with it. "Eli, it's okay, im fine." I tell him, but he doesn't look too convinsed. "No your not Cali. You just hurt youself. How is that okay!" He says angrily. I look at him, tears welling up again. He turns his head and shifts his body so he is facing me. "Cali," he says, grabbing my hands. "Whatever caused you to do this is none of my buisness, but you need to promise me you will not do it again." See, this is exactly what I needed. Eli to confort me. He looks at me with such an intent stare, hoping for me to say okay. I sigh, and look right into his big green eyes and whisper, barely loud enough for myself to hear "I can't promise, but I will try." This seems to be enough for him, because the next thig I know, I am wrapped up into a big, conforting hug. "Im so sorry Eli." I say, sobbing into his chest. "Cali, you don't need to appoligize to me. You need to appoligize to yourself." he whispers into my ear, squeezing me just a little tighter. Eli, is exactly what I need.