Chapter 3: Airline Illness~

Jonathan's POV:

"Last call for flight 407!" A female's voice announced over the airport intercom and I stood up, gathering my bags. I handed the lady behind the desk my ticket and she scanned it, handing it back with the okay to board. Clutching the handle of suitcase, I nervously make my way down a stuffy hallway. It was my first time riding on an airplane and the thought of it made me want to turn tail and run but I knew that Evan already went through the trouble of paying for my ticket. I shoved my bag in the overhead compartment, and sat down in the window seat, staring out the small port hole at some workers down below.

I ignored the odd stares that people gave me as they passed. I knew that people would think it was weird that I wore a mask but I couldn't help it. I really didn't want people to have to see my face if I couldn't even look at it myself. Of course, getting through airport security was a bit difficult but they realized I was harmless and let me through.

The plane's engine rumbled to life and I gripped onto my own leg, feeling nervous. I felt the plane moving and we started to pull forward, lifting up into the air. All I could think of was crashing as I closed my eyes tight. Soon I felt the pressure neutralize, my ears popping which surprised me into letting my leg go. I wasn't dead? I wasn't dead! Relaxing a bit, I decided to look out the window which I enormously regretted, feeling bile rise in my throat. I don't think I can do this whole convention thing anymore. Infact I'd rather look at myself in that stupid ass mirror in my stupid ass room then be on this plane flying right now. The only thing that has been stopping me is Evan, he wants to meet with me and spend time with me. I don't know why but for some reason I feel my stomach churn and growl. Why? You haven't eaten anything, Jonathan. Oh. I need to eat but if I eat I know I'll feel like throwing up and I really dislike that feeling. Maybe Evan and I can go out for some food once we meet at the hotel.

The rest of the flight to LA was pretty good, minus the landing maybe... it isn't my fault I thought we were going to die again. Anyways, once I had collected my suitcases from the conveyor belt, I called for a taxi. As I walked out of the Airport, wierd looks were thrown my way left and right, I tried to not let it bother me though. It did. As I waited for the taxi to arrive Evan had texted me the key and room number; adding later, as I got into the cab, the name that the room was reserved under, Fong. So Fong is his last name? Cool.

"We're here," a voice softly said, it was the kind old woman who had driven me here in the taxi.

"Oh, okay," I say smiling sweetly even though she can't see my face and hand her more then needed, "keep the change." She smiled at me as I opened the cab door and walked to the trunk to get my things. I watch as she drives away and hesitantly turn to walk into the hotel, it was quite nice too... not gonna lie.

"Hello, my name is Jenna," the desk woman enthusiastically said as I walked up to the front desk, "what can I do for you this evening?"

"Could I possibly get a room key?" I asked softly, it's been all of two seconds and I'm already buckling under fucking milligrams of pressure.

She smiled sweetly cocking her head to the side a bit, "may I ask why you were such a mask?"

"I guess I really like it," I quietly say as I try to laugh a bit to keep the light air between us, "but... about that key..."

"Oh, yes of course I just need your room name," she shuffled around the papers in front of her taking one last look at one of them before she set them to the side with a knowing smile, putting her attention to the monitor in front of her.

"Uh... Fong?"

"Your first name and room number to verify."

"Jonathan, 253?" Why do I sound so unsure?