ONE

I do not own all of the characters in this book. I give Stephine Meyers full credit for all of her twilight characters.

      "Baby?" I heard. "Yes mama?" I asked. "Can you come here. Father and I need to talk to you." My mother said. I nodded and took her hand as she led me into our small kitchen. I took a seat in the small wooden chair that faced my mother and father. "Sweetie." My father started. They both have dad looks on their faces. I have them a confused look.
   "This morning, I'm afraid that your brother last away of the Spanish Influenza." My father started. I flew up in my seat knocking my chair backwards. "What!" I yelled. I started crying. I backed around the chair facing my parents still.
   "No... No! Your lying! He's still alive. No!" I cried. I ran off into my room slamming the door and throwing the covers over my head. I cried myself to sleep that night.

    In this book, Lydia and Edward's parents don't die of Spanish influenza. Just Edward.

     I pushed the blanket over my head. Something was different. Everything in the house was the same but there was defiantly something different. I climbed out of the bed and walked down the hallway. "Mama? Papa?" I called. There was no response. I walked into the kitchen where the chair was still flipped over laying on its back from last night.
   Sitting on the kitchen table was a plane ticket and a note. We love you all so much Lydia. But you need to take this plane ticket and fly to Seattle. There will be someone waiting there for you. They are very nice. We love you so much baby girl.
       - mother and father

   I knew that they wanted me to this. I walked back into my bedroom and pulled out my tan suit case. I started piling my clothes into there. I grabbed my bag and walked into the kitchen. I scooped up the note and ticket and was on my way.
    I walked to the airport which I knew was just down the road. I handed the lady my ticket and she showed me my seat. I leaned my head up against the cold window as the plane took off. The beautiful landscape slowly disappeared as my eyes drifted shut.

     I opened my eyes as the plane started landing. I had the bear that Edward got me when I was born in my hand. I grabbed my jacket and stepped off the plane. I walked over and got my suitcase. I looked around as I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I gasped, jumped, and turned around.
   "I'm sorry ma'am. I didn't mean to startle you." A man with golden curls and a southern accent said. "Lydia. Lydia Mason?" He said. "Yes, are you Carlisle?" I asked him. "No, that is my father. I'm Jasper. Are you ready?" He asked me. I nodded.
   He led me into a parking lot and out to a big white jeep. "This... This is yours?" I asked stunned. "No, this is my brothers Emmett. He is driving us home." He told me. I nodded and opened the door. Sitting in the front seat was a big burly man. "Hello Lydia Marie." Emmett said. "Hello Emmett." I said climbing into a seat.
    "How old are you Lydia?" Jasper asked we drove down the road. "12. I was four when my brother pasted." I told him. He just nodded. We pulled up to a big grand house. Emmett came around and unbuckled me while I climbed it with my suitcase and bear. I wore the necklace and ring Edward gave me.
   We walked inside and upstairs. I walked into the living room where a family with huge smiles on their face. One girl looked like she was going to explode with joy. "Hello Lydia." A familiar voice said. I turned to look who said it.
    My hands flew to my mouth as a sob escaped from my lips. My bag and bear fell to the floor with a clutter.