TWO

Edward's POV

        "Hello Lydia." I said entering the room. She wore the necklace and ring I have her and she held the teddy bear I gave her at birth. Her bag and bear fell to the floor and her hands flew to her mouth as she started crying. "Oh god. I'm seeing dead people again." She panicked.
    "No baby. Look at me. I'm real. I'm alive." I told her. She backed away shaking her head no crying. "It's okay. I'm here." I told her. I got down on one knee so I didn't scare her. She looked at me with a happy face still crying. She ran to me and I opened my arms. She threw her arms around me. She ran her fingers through my hair.
   She cried into my shoulder. I stood up and took her with me. She wrapped her legs around my waist. I pulled her close to me her fingernails digging into my back. "What are you doing here? Your dead! You've been dead for 8 years. You left me here!" She yelled through tears. She pulled back in my arms so I could see her.
"I'm sorry Lid. I will explain later. But I didn't die. I faked my death. I'm right here. I'm so sorry that I left you." I told her. I felt extremely guilty for what I did to her. "How's mother and father?" I asked even though I knew the answer.
"They died too!" She yelled. I pulled her tighter again as she continued crying in my shoulder. "Lydia?" I asked. She looked up at me. "This is my adoptive family. And your new adoptive family. This is your new mom Esme." I said bending down on my knee so she could sit on it like old times.
"And your father Carlisle. And your brothers Emmett and Jasper. And your sister Rosalie and Alice." I told her. She nodded. She leaned in closer. She had always been shy as a child.
"Can I show her her room?" Alice begged. "Okay... Go with Alice." I said gently pushing her towards Alice. "I wanna come too!" Emmett boomed. I shook my head smiling. Lydia bent down picking up her bag and bear before following Emmett and Alice upstairs.

    Lydia Marie gracefully walked up the stairs her small feet making hardly any noise, just as quiet as the vampires. Alice led them down the hallway and to the very end. At the end, was a staircase and a door. Alice opened the door to reveal a white modern bedroom. "You like it?" Alice asked. Emmett's and Lydia's mouth dropped open. "This?" She exclaimed.
      "I know right!" Alice squealed. "We could have some epic tickle fights in here." Emmett said ruining the moment making Lydia laugh. "Emmett, Lyd! Can you come back downstairs please?" Edward yelled upstairs. They looked around the room realizing that Alice had gone downstairs now.
Lydia slid her tiny hand into Emmett's big one and he led her downstairs. Everyone sat in the living room. Lydia slipped out of Emmett's grip and ran over to Edward. "Carlisle is going to check you out. Just to make sure you are healthy. Is that okay?" Edward asked her. She nodded. "Let me get my stuff." Carlisle said getting off of the couch.
Carlisle came back with his bag. Carlisle got down on one knee in front of Lydia. He started using his tools on her. Carlisle leaned back grabbing a needle out of his bag. "This will only hurt slightly. Don't worry, it will be real quick." He said. "No!" She jumped back. Edward read Carlisle's mind and did what he said.
Edward picked Lydia up and scooped her into his lap. Edward held her still while Carlisle injected the needle into her arm. "Esme, would you mind making Lydia some dinner?" Edward asked her. Esme nodded joyfully running off to the kitchen grinning like the Cheshire Cat.
      Esme returned back with a plate of soup and a grilled cheese. "Um... Esme I'm extremely sorry but I forgot to tell you, Lydia is allergic to dairy, and tree nuts, and Gluten." Edward informed her. "It's okay!" Esme exclaimed. She ran back inside and came out with a plate of watermelon.
    Lydia sat on Edward's lap watching the Sound Of Music with her family while eating watermelon. She slid the plate onto the couch next to her and rested her head on her brothers chest. "Do you wanna go to bed Lyd?" Edward asked her. She shook her head no. Slowly, Lydia's eyes drifted shut.