SIX

"Mrs. Morris!" My hand shot up in the air. "Yes Ms. Mason?" She asked. "May I be excused from class. I'm having some troubles." I told her. "Yes you may." She said. I got up from my desk grabbing my bag sliming it over my shoulder strolling out of the room with my blond hair flowing behind me.
    I stormed out of the building and into the parking lot. Edward was waiting for me in his Volvo. I flung the door open and slammed it close behind me. "Why do you do that?" He asked as I put on my seatbelt. "Do what?" I asked not looking at him. "Only let me read somethings in your mind. Why are you the only who can do it?" He asked me.
    "I just block it from my mind so you don't hear it." I told him. "Why?" He asked. "Because I don't want you to know it." I said through my teeth. "What have you been keeping from me?" He asked turning onto our road. "You really wanna know!" I snapped. "Yes I do." He said firmly. He pulled up to the house and I let it all flow. How I blamed myself for moms death. How I miss my old life. How I don't wanna stay here anymore. How Alice 'mom' scares me still.
    "No! You sure as hell don't!" Edward yelled as we got out of the car. He found about me blaming myself for moms death. "I sure as hell do!" I screamed at him. The front door open and Jasper and Rosalie stood looking at us. "No you don't!" He yelled. "Oh yeah. What you gonna do about it!" I challenged him. He grabbed my arm as I stormed off towards the house. "Get off me you damn leech!" I screamed at him. I ran inside and went straight to my room.
    I didn't try to protect my thoughts from Edward anymore. I wish mom was here. She would make it better. I still missed dad. I always had wondered if things would be different if he didn't get cancer. Mom would probably still be alive. After he died we both cut ourselves off from the world. What I didn't know was that it was killing mom literally.
    I let the scene replay in my mind.
"Mom, mommy! Where did you go? I'm home from school!" I yelled through the empty house. I searched through room through room. I finally found her hanging from her neck in her closet. "No mommy!" I screamed the tears falling from my face.
    I ran to the telephone next to her bed and dialed 911 quickly.
    "Hello 911 what is your emergency?" The operator answered. "Please help. I found my mommy after she hung herself. I don't know what to do!" I cried into the phone. "It's okay miss. Can you tell me where you live sweetie?" She asked me. "1803 birch wood lane." I recited to her. "We'll get help on the way." She told me. I thanked her and hung up.
    I fell onto her bed curling into a ball. I remember thinking how I could've saved her. But what could a 12 year old do. I was just a child. A child all alone in the world. It was only a month after dad had died. Only three months after Edward died. The next day I found the plane tickets.

     There was a knock at the door but I ignored it. The door opened to reveal Aunt Rosalie. I must say I was shocked to see her. She took a seat on my bed next to me. I kept my back to her expecting her to talk but she didn't. She just sat on the bed, back to me, just sitting there.
We didn't say a word for a few minutes before I made the first move. I crawled over to her pulling myself into her arms. She held me on her lap while I cried into her shirt. After I had no tears left in me, I pulled my head back. I looked at her tear stained shirt that had makeup smeared on it. "Don't worry, I have two more of this exact shirt." She told me. I just chuckled thinking of Alice.

Well that ending really did stink.
I'm going to try and make the next one
Better but I can't make any promises.
Thanks for the reads lovies😘
New update tomorrow
Night🌙

~Lu~