EIGHT

Lydia's POV

I cried in dads shirt. He picked me up and followed everyone out of the garage. "I need to go talk to mom. Stay here." Dad said setting me down on the love seat and patting my leg. Rosalie sat on the couch next to Emmett. She motioned me to come over to her.
I got up and trudged over to her. She held her arms out for me to sit on her lap. I sat on her lap resting my head in her shirt. "He... He yelled at me. Did you hear the noise he made?" I cried. "Shh it's okay. I know we can be scary but he would never hurt you. He's your brother he loves you." Rosalie cooed.

   Jasper's POV

    I sat on the love seat next to Alice. Carlisle was pacing back in front of the glass wall trying to call Edward. Rosalie and Emmett sat on the couch across from us. Emmett held Marie on his lap. She had her face buried deep into his chest. The emotions radiating off of her screamed SADNESS, DEPRESSION, DEVASTATION.
   She eventually fell asleep and Emmett carried her upstairs. He came downstairs and looked at our family who now we all were in one room. "We should go hunting. Before Lydia wakes up. We're going to me around her a lot lately now that Edwards gone and Alice is predicting her period tomorrow. We need our strength." Rosalie suggested. We all agreed and set out for the forest.
   We all hunted silently. I was feeding from a mountain lion when Alice gasped and stumbled backwards. I quickly drained the animal and ran to her. "What's wrong? What do you see?" I asked her. "Lydia." She whispered. As soon as the words escaped her mouth a strong smell of human blood filled the air. This was not her period. She was in trouble.
   We all raced back to the house, Alice and I in the lead. The two of us ran straight to her room. She sat on the toilet lid of her bathroom sobbing. A razor sat on the countertop next to her. Blood was streaming from her wrists from where she cut herself. I quickly picked her up in my arms. She sobbed into my shirt as blood trickled down the back of mine.

  Rosalie spent almost every hour of the day laying in bed with Lydia. Lydia had cramps but that wasn't the only pain. She cried almost everyone second of the day. She had gauze and bandages wrapped around her wrists from where she cut herself.
A week and a half had past since she cut herself. Alice said she saw Edward coming home tomorrow. We aren't telling Lydia though. She's been laying up in bed by herself for three days now.
   A knock on the door startled the Cullen family. Carlisle got up to answer the door. Edward stood on the front porch with a sorrowful look on his face. "Son, welcome back," was all he said. "Where is she?" He asked stepping inside. "Her sobs have died down. I think she's sleeping," Jasper informed him.
  "Sobs?" Edward asked. "Yes, she hasn't come out of bed in the past two weeks and all she does is sleep and cry." Carlisle told his son. You didn't have to feel emotions to know that the look on Edwards face read heartbroken.
   He set his bag down and walked upstairs. Edward opened the door to Lydia's room. She laid peacefully asleep in bed. "You came back," she said in her sleep. He slowly tiptoed over to the side of her bed. She tossed and turned in her sleep talking. "Why did you come home?" She asked in her sleep. "Because I love you," he replied back. "I knew you would." Lydia said sitting up in her sleep. She wrapped her arms around Edwards neck hugging him passionately.