o n e

she blushes slightly as he gives her his jacket, warmness engulfing her. she smiles at him gratefully.

"thank you for caring so much for me"

"anything for my best friend"

"but why me?" she thinks aloud. he stares at her with confusion slightly tilting his head.

"when you first transferred here two months ago why did you chose to befriend me? you could've been friends with anyone but you chose to sit beside me, why? why do you care so much about me?" her words hung in the cold air.

he stared into her eyes, unable to string together words to express his feelings towards her.

the wind shrieked and whistled making both of them aware of their surroundings. the rain dropped from the sky like tiny white bullets, thankfully they had gotten to the bus stop before it started raining heavily.

his breathing hitched. should he tell her now? should he tell her that he already knew her before she even introduced herself to him? should he tell her how transferring to that exact school, being in the same class wasn't all coincidental? should he remind her about the past they had together?

he shook his head and let out a shaky breath, now is not the time. "yah soojin what is this, 20 questions?"

she wasn't fooled. "jimin just answer it"

he laughed and ruffled her hair making her heart race slightly.

"truthfully i thought you looked really cute sitting in the back of the classroom with your head stuck in a book and you did look like you were in need of a friend" he added playfully.

"what is that supposed to mean? that i have no friends? i'll have you know the only reason i don't talk to anyone is our class is because none of them can handle all this awesome" 

the bus arrived at the stop before the conversation could escalate any further.

"what it means is that your bus is here go home soojin"

"but what about your jacket?"

"keep it, as a sign of our friendship"