#2 - In the end.. I see you

Hanabi Fukunada POV

I don't want to get my hopes up since every guys have rough hands. (Maybe) And so what if he cares about me? does that mean he likes me but in secret? no no no.. I'm sure it's not him given by his cold look in the eyes. Yeah his cold look when he rolled his eyes is definitely my evidence to stop this nightmare.

Or maybe I'm just thinking too much?

Maybe I should stop overthinking things..

Why am I making a deal of this? I don't even know the guy! nor do I like him!

"Are you sure you're going to school today? you got a bit of cold left and it might worsen if you push yourself." Mom said.

I was done tying my ribbon around my neck as I tap my uniform to fix the wrinkles while looking at myself in the mirror. "Yeah, I'm fine. Besides I'm aiming to be the student of the year so I shouldn't have any bad records for that to happen right?" I smiled.

"Well, I'm fine if you're not the student of the year as long as you pass all your exams. You don't have to be perfect." Mum said.

But I'm motivated than anyone, no one can stop me from achieving that Student of the year goal! "Don't worry mum, I'll give you the best awards I could ever get this year."

I was staring at the ground while continuously walking all the way to my school.
Then a sudden familiar voice could be heard from a distance, shouting my name.

"Hanabi Fukunada!" A high voice, but it somehow sounds like a guy. I turned my head to see who it is until I saw my brother Kei running towards me, with arms wider than he usually does. "Imouto!" He jumped onto me, cuddling me on the ground.

"Kei-niisan?" I shrieked.

"Let go of me creep!" My weak arms tried its best to push his cuddly arms from my waist. "I know you missed me, like how I missed you." He make me cringe. I pushed him away "LET GO OF ME FREAK!" I shouted.

don't be surprised. This is just normal for us siblings.

He decided to walk me to Miyagi high school, while he tell me their "Fascinating" stories with our Dad. I wasn't paying attention to his storytelling; and It wasn't really my concern, since I don't have any business with our dad anymore.

I slapped my own face once we reached the gate of Miyagi high. "I am really glad you had fun with Dad, thanks anyway." I faked my smile to hide my selfish anger every time I hear our Dad. "But.." I left him by the gates. Judging from Kei's facial expression, he knows I was faking my smile earlier.

—————————————-

As usual I was walking in the hallway, eyes locked on my manga. I was stupid for not looking my way that in the end I bumped into someone. "Sorry!" I apologised as soon as I fell in the floor. But the girl I bumped with was insanely beautiful. I was blinded with her round eyes and glossy lips, her blonde hair looked so smooth that even I might fall for her.

She lowered her knees and looked at me in the eyes. Her facial expression was blank, she was only staring. It was awkward as hell, but seconds later she smiled. "Are you okay? I'm sorry I was blocking your way." She said. With her dimples shown.

"No.. It was my fault for not watching my way."

She let out a little smirk and changed to her normal smile. I didn't give it much attention since I'm sure it won't mean anything. "I'm Aoi Shiroyama."

"Oh, I'm Ha—" She cut me off.

"I know who you are. You're Hanabi Fukunada." How could she know me? "The transfer student!" She said, "Don't worry I know all about everybody here since I'm a niece of the president of this school."