Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter 35

*recap:*

"She's in a coma. I'm terribly sorry." The doctor said.

Alli started crying, as did I. "How long until she's back?" I said between tears.

"It's unpredictable."

---

--- 7 years later ---

Codys POV:

I haven't left Canada since the day of Ever's accident. It's been a painful, hard, and sad time for us all. Jake was smart and hasn't shown up since the day we told him to leave. We were all basically grown up now. I was 23 going on 24. Alli was 22 almost 23 and Tom was 17 and we had just celebrated his graduation of High School. Ever still hasn't woken up but I will never leave her side. Alli had to eventually move on and she went back to LA to pursue in her acting/singing career. That's right. Alli was now singing. She's been in several movies and is about to release her third album. Tom was going to college to be an engineer. I knew he'd end up along those lines one day. As for me, I've haven't done a full tour since I was 16. I felt bad leaving my fans behind like that but Ever got into an accident on my watch. That should've never happened and I feel bad about it every single day. I have released several albums in the past years though. Matter of fact, I just released my 7th one. I eventually bought a house here in Canada after the second year of me refusing to leave that hotel. I bought the house as soon as I turned 18.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a ringing come from the living room. It was my home phone.

I picked it up - "Hello?" --- "Yes, this is he." --- "Are you serious?" --- "I'll be down there right now!"

I grabbed my keys and the present I had planned on giving Ever when she woke up. I had it for about 3 years now. I ran to my car in my driveway. I put the keys in the ignition and sped down to the hospital. I gave my keys to the valet, I didn't have time to park. Not now, not ever.

I bursted through the doors and ran right past the doctor waiting for me. I knew exactly where I was going, and I wasn't stopping until I got there.

Finally after about 5 flights of stairs and a bunch of turns, I was in Ever's room.

There she was. The love of my life. When I walked in she looked up from eating her food. A huge smile spread across her face and her eyes lit up.

"Cody!?"

I felt tears rushing to my eyes.

"Ever." the tears were pushing at my eyelids, begging to be let out.

"After the doctors told me I'd been in here for 7+ years, I never thought I'd see you again."

I couldn't hold it in anymore. The tears started pouring out of my eyes as I pulled her in for a hug, "well you were wrong on that one." I pulled back from the hug and realized she was now crying as well. After we calmed down the doctors came in and said it was time to go. I grabbed her hand and we walked out of there, hand in hand.The valet had my car waiting for me and I hopped in, opening the door for Ever first.

"So, you hungry?" she nodded her head yes.

"But uh, Codes?"

I looked over at her, "yes?"

"Can we stop somewhere and get me some clothes please. I'm kind of in a night gown.." I laughed.

"Of course we can."

We stopped at a mall and since we didn't know her size anymore we took a little longer than expected. While at one of the stores I called and set up dinner for us while she was changing. She got a few outfits then decided we should go now.

"Where are we going to eat?" Ever asked.

"You'll see." I said with a wink. She just rolled her eyes.

I took her to the beach where a red and whit plaid blanket was set up for the two of us. There was a basket with, what I'm assuming is a meal and silverware for us and then there were candles surrounding the area. She looked over at me with a slight smile, "Cody you didn't have to go through all this trouble just for me..." she looked astonished and scanned the area.

"Yes I did." she just smiled. We sat down and began to eat and caught up.

At around 8 pm I decided it was time for my little gift. I quickly texted Matt, who is still my manager, that I was giving it to her now. I waited for a reply, which quickly came right after. Ever gave me a confused look. "Who's that?" she asked.

"Oh its just Matt, he's just wondering how you're doing." I smiled at her.

I took a deep breath then grabbed her hand. "Would you like to dance?" I asked her.

Evers POV:

Aw Cody was being so cute. I grabbed his other hand and we began dancing with no music. I loved this. It felt weird knowing I skipped 7 years of my life. I missed out on so many memories I could've had with Cody. I sighed out loud. Cody must've not heard me because he just kept dancing.

He stopped all the sudden and started rubbing his neck nervously. "Hey Ever," he said. I looked at him confused. "Yeah?"

He took a deep breath and grabbed both my hands. "I know you're probably thinking about how you missed out on 7 years of life and I don't know how you feel but I'm gonna guess lost. But, I wanna be here for you all the time 24/7 just to make sure that you'd never feel like that again." He let go of my right hand and reached into his back pocket. "Ever, I want to spend the rest of my life with you." I gasped. Was he proposing? Sure enough in his hand that used to hold my right hand, was a box. He popped it open then got down on one knee and said, "Ever, will you please make me the luckiest man alive and do me the honor of being my wife?"

I covered my mouth with my hand and started crying.

"Yes."

------

The End! Thank you all for reading this story along with me, I know it was a fast ending but like i said in an earlier chapter I lost all my work and thought it was only fair that I at least gave an ending to this story.

Make sure you go and read my new Cody fanfic, Forever! xoxo