Chapter Nine

Chapter 9

*recap:*

Cody was the first one to laugh. And as they say, laughter is contagious!

---

We finished breakfast and Cody told us he had to go meet up with Josh and Jake this morning to spend a little bro time.

Alli called Claire and Tyara, telling them to meet us at the mall. I told her it wasn't a great idea, me being a rising star, but she said the stores were okay with closing for us, but we had an hour per store at the max. She learned this little trick from Cody and it came in handy apparently.

We took our longboards and started for the mall.

In LA, this would've been impossible for two reasons:

-One, there are no quiet roads there.

-Two, way too many photographers.

I loved the way the warm wind blew my hair behind me, and how the sunlight basked us in heat.

Soon, we got the mall and I spotted Claire. It was impossible to miss her red hair. Her hair reached her lower back now, completely straight with long layers. She was wearing a cute white shirt with high waisted acid washed jean shorts. She had a few freckles across her nose and had amber colored eyes.

Standing next to her was Tyara. She was taller than Alli but shorter than Claire and I. Her caramel colored hair was curly as usual and her skin was perfectly tanned. Her blue eyes looked excited and her mouth was set in a warm smile.

"Omigosh! I missed you all so much!" I hugged both girls at the same time.

We entered the mall with all our arms linked together. We bought so much; I didn't think I'd be able to ride home on my longboard without tripping and falling.

The girls came over and we spent the afternoon just chilling. We laid out on the deck chairs in our new bathing suits and tanned while eating junk food until we couldn't anymore.

We took our towels and headed for the beach, wanting to cool off. Half way there, we heard whistling behind us. Cody, Josh and Jake were behind us looking at our bikini clad bodies. They all ran for us. I knew what was coming but I didn't bother stopping him.

Cody grabbed me and put me over his shoulder. Josh grabbed Alli and Jake took Claire and Tyara. Cody's cold hands felt refreshing on my more than warm torso. Claire and Tyara were the only ones showing resistance hitting Jake in the back.

I laughed as Cody went deeper into the water then dropping me in. As I was dropped into the water, I heard screams from Alli, Claire and Tyara.

I reached my hands up and Cody took them lifting me up. I stood up and pushed him down.

He came up sputtering water. I laughed and helped him up. He took his shirt off and I put it on. I climbed onto his back and he started walking slowly.

Suddenly, a wave hit us hard in the back and we both fell into the water. We both came up gasping for air. I couldn't stop coughing. I think a piece of seaweed had made its way into my mouth.

We finally made it out of the water.

Jake, Josh, Claire, Tyara and Alli went to find a frisbee to pass around. A few steps behind our friends, Cody stopped me, made me face him and bent his head down to mine and kissed me. I placed my hands on his abs and shivered. His lips tasted like salt water.

I made a mental note to kiss him after he came out of the ocean more often.