Unspoken (genre: love)

u n s p o k e n

Warning: Insane stuff ahead along with a thousand loopholes. Stupidity, unrealistic stuff, unbelievably fast paced(bad), probably the dumbest thing I've ever written. Don't even ask me why I am posting this.

---

Daksha was an ordinary girl, who happened to suffer from a bad case of depression. That's what happens when you have a mother in prison, a father who is dead and to top it all, a cancer inside you that keeps growing each passing day. She always behaved like she didn't give a damn to anything going around her, but that was all a forcibly put up act. Deep inside, she was wilting like a plant without water. And it was not just the cancer that was eating her up, it was her never ending pool of helplessness and emotions.

When she was a child, her fellow students envied her, for her posh life, huge house, luxuries and amazing parents. She never found her lifestyle enviable, or her parents amazing. She didn't want to live in a prison, which was her so-called house. Her life was filled to the brim, with every toy, every gadget, every brand of clothe she could ever imagine. 

But that was not what Daksha wished for; all she wanted was to go out and explore what lied behind the walls that surrounded her home. She always felt like being put in a cage, which was locked with a lock that had no key. There was no way she could break it open. Yet, she always put up an incredible act of being happy and content. She was always good at acting, you see.

Her father was a DGP, who was well known throughout the state for his loyalty and dedication to his work. There was no criminal, no thief, no murderer he hadn't caught. He was that brilliant. At least every month, there was a party in her home celebrating a new golden feather in his cap.

Her mother saw it as a chance to dress up and show off. It was an opportunity for reunions, when it came to her dad. And for her? It was only another tough day, with a lot of forced smiles and an act put up with a lot of struggle.

Her father and her mother were the most loveless couple she had ever seen. It was hard for her to even imagine them hug or kiss. They seldom held their hands during parties, but that was the extreme of any physical contact she had ever seen within them. 

 She never knew what it was like to be pampered. She envied all her friends, who went on picnics with their family. Her dad never had the time, and her mom thought it was pointless. She was always too afraid to mention it. But deep in, all she wanted was to sleep between her parents, get fed by her mother and  play chess with her dad. But they were only complicated dreams she was too afraid to see.

Smooth is the last word you would ever use to describe her life. Being famous came with a prize to her dad – death threats, and a life that was ready to be blown up anytime. It was no single day in her house, when the phone wouldn't ring and a husky voice at the other side wouldn't threaten to kill her or kidnap her or kill her mom or kidnap her mom unless her dad lets go of some criminal or the other. It terrified her at the beginning, but then she had no choice, she had to get used to it.

She remembered that day, so well it could have been happening now – the day when her mother killed someone. It was all for her, or that's what her mother believed, until the very end.

As always, another husky voice called, threatened to kill Daksha, and for some weird reason, it freaked her mom out so much, she hid a tiny knife inside her purse and took it with her wherever she went.