The Pretend Game (genre - love)

The Pretend Game.

He looks a lot cheerful today, his teeth the best shade of white and his dimples, more deepened than ever. I like him when he is smiling. He looks good, hot even.

He is looking at his phone screen. It annoys me when he behaves like his phone is his wife, so I walk forward and take a seat beside him on the fluffy bed.

"You don't give me as much attention to me as you used to," I complain, with puppy eyes. He is in one of his smirk moods today, so all he does is smirk back. Of course. "I don't?" He questions a while later and advances a bit closer to me. As it turns out, he is also in the naughty mood.

I hold my breath at once. His face is just inches away from my face. In one of his naughtiest voices, he asks me, "You need my attention?" Everything happens so quickly and then we are in the most romantic position that ever existed.

We are about to kiss, I feel like my chest is burning, and he still has an evil smile on his face.

Our moment is broken when the unlocked door creaks open and a girl of hardly twenty years steps in - my best friend.

Seeing our pose, she is immediately bewildered. Then, she breaks down. Like a real baby, she comes forward, hugs me and cries.

Between sobs, all that she manages to ask is, "You are doing that again, aren't you? Pretending like he is here? He is not, Hazel." She takes a deep breath, keeps her sobs in and announces in evident affirmation,"He is gone."

I look at where he was sitting moments ago. He is no more there, but I know he'd come back. He always does when I need him to, and they tell me it's my pretend game.

Mad world; they call him dead.

- - -

A/N

I know this is quite short and that I could have spent ages expanding this but it was initially for a mini game with a restriction of 250 words. I added and changed a bit in that entry to make it sound better!

I won by the way, so I am veerrryy proud of this story. ;)

Love you for reading this!

Lina! :D