The Spawns | Chapter XVIII -- In Love With You

THE SPAWNS

In Love With You

Chapter XVIII—Lilibeth

© DarknessAndLight

I pressed my forehead against the hard door and breathe in and out slowly.

What. Is. Wrong. With. Me?

Something must be wrong with me because normal, rational people didn’t go on kissing boys for no reason and didn’t just say they didn’t want to talk about it and shut the door in their faces.

A normal, rational person wouldn’t want to open that door and kiss Cole again. A rational person would know that kissing Cole had been really irrational. I shouldn’t have done it, especially after Dakota’s apparent treat. Was it even legal for me to kiss Cole? No, it wasn’t.

So that question had to be asked again. What was wrong with me?

There was a soft knock on the door. “Lilibeth, please. Open the door. I don’t care what you say. We need to talk about this.”

I breathe again slowly, deeply, trying to clear my head and figure out what was the best way to deal with this. I couldn’t possibly ignore what I had just done, especially since my lips still tingled from the touch, I still had a hard time catching my breath and my heart still beat frantically against my ribcage.

Just ignoring it would have been easier though, ignoring the boy I could hear moving around on the other side of that door. I could imagine him pacing around in circles, running his hand through his hair.

I should have kept my stupid hormones in check.

“Beth, come on, don’t shut me out.” I closed my eyes, hitting my forehead lightly against the door. His voice… if he kept talking like this, sounding heartbroken, I was actually going to open the door. “Does it have anything to do with Dakota? What did she do?”

And that did it—I yanked the door open. It wasn’t because of his heartbroken voice though, it was because I was suddenly very mad.

Those kisses we had just shared, I didn’t want them tainted by his stupid cousin, even if it had been stupid for me to kiss him. Those kisses were just the conclusion to that almost kiss we shared on his bed. It was the result of all those feelings that had been building up between us.

It had absolutely nothing to do with his obnoxious cousin.

And for him to assume that, it angered me.

But what also angered me was the fact that whether I liked it or not, what his cousin had said was true, no matter how much I didn’t want to think about it.

Being with Cole couldn’t work. At least not now. Probably never though.

And just like that I exploded. I didn’t let him say a word, I just took two steps forward and my face must have showed my outrage because Cole backed up, and then pulling at my hair, I all but shouted at him. “Just forget about me! Go out with girls, girls your own age that aren’t damaged and messed up like me! Get yourself a girlfriend! Move on, Cole! I’m not good for you! You should be with someone that makes you happy, someone you don’t worry about every five minutes, you need someone mature that understand you. Someone you aren’t going to get arrested for kissing. You don’t need a messed up kid like me!” I had been trying so hard to not start sobbing that I was basically gasping for breath when I stopped my speech.

And Cole wasn’t having it. “Don’t you get it?” He threw his hands up in the air in exasperation. “God damn it Beth! What do I have to say to you for you to understand!? Isn’t it obvious enough? I don’t want anyone else. I. Want. You!”