Romeo and Juliet: Part 3

Look, a plot is going to form. That's new. But it won't be that obvious LOL

Levi had never expected he would get the part, in all honesty. Sure he knew he was decent at acting, and he's read quite a but of Shakespeare's plays, but that was about it. The only reason he auditioned was just so he could piss off Hanji, in case he did get the role, or a role in general, which he thought was highly unlikely but he might as well do it. Looks like his plan blew up in his face because now he has to kiss his best friend on stage.

"This backfired..." Levi mumbled to himself and peaked between the curtains to check out the crowd. Tonight was the showcase of the play that they all worked oh-so-hard on and it was also the night that he was going to kiss Hanji.

Even in their rehearsals they never kissed. Didn't even come close to it. They would lean in and try to, but Hanji would turn red and back away, and sometimes run away. It was all very stressful and confusing for Levi. All that wouldn't matter, because it all comes down to tonight. Even though it didn't look like he cared, he did want to make this a good show for Hanji, because she's always wanted this.

"Hey," Hanji tapped his shoulder and peered past him to look between the curtains, as well. "You nervous?"

He scoffed and turned away from the crowd, "Of course not." Levi crossed his arms over his chest.

"Really, because your sweating." Hanji raised her eyebrows at him, and took a step closer, adjusting his costume with a little flick of her finger.

"Tch, it's because this thing is fucking hot." He gestured to the white dress shirt he had on, and rolled up the sleeves, also wiping the totally non-nervous sweat off his forehead. Hanji gave him a small smile, and Levi swore he saw something else flash in her dark hazel eyes, but he just waved away the thought. 

Hanji sighed and looked down at herself. She was wearing a beautiful red silk dress with long gold stripes going along her arms and down the middle of the gown. Hanji did agree it was beautiful, but it didn't quite fit right with her, as if it was out of place. It probably would have looked better on Petra, she kept thinking to herself. 

Levi tilted his head at her, his eyebrows furrowed together and his frown deepened when he saw her being hesitant. Without saying a word, he lay a supporting hand on her back and she looked up at him, with sad eyes. He nodded in reassurance at her, and she just looked to the side with the same pained expression. She was hiding something from him. But Levi couldn't understand what.

Someone then called over Hanji saying it was her first line, and she sighed. Quickly she shook her head and mustered the brightest smile she could, and made her way to the entrance in a hurry, the same fake grin plastered on her face. 

There was definitely something wrong with her.

~~~

"Hey, Levi?" A voice called out to him from the doorway, and said person looked up. "What are you doing alone in this dark dressing room?" 

Levi squinted as his eyes adjusted to the bright light streaming in from the door. It was Oikawa, he remembered his name. (I'm not sorry)

"None of your business, Trashykawa." He stood up from his seat, and pushed past him, leaving the boy standing there. Oikawa quickly caught up with Levi's quick pace, and peered at his face in curiosity.

"I just wanted to ask what was wrong with Hanji-san. She looked off while on stage in the last scene." Levi just scoffed at him, and walked faster towards the stage entrance since it was almost his scene with Hanji and he was sitting there thinking about what she could be hiding. It really did bother him.