Prologue/The War of Fire and Sword

There were five Dragons and a hundred kings who fought for a reason that was forgotten long before dragons could write.

The five dragons were the oldest and most powerful dragons of all dragon kind:

Mortsyks the Sky Winged, Mistress of flight

Larutan  the Free One and the Life Giver

Niatnoumfire the Scorch Bringer and Eternal War Caller

Hitpedaes the Treasure Finder of the Depths

And Enacrahsa the Far Sited, Warlock

They were immortal thus they were the Eternal Council of Dragons. They led a long era of peace for dragon kind.

Well that was until the dimwitted humans came.

Yes, I'm talking about you.

But before I insult you further, let me continue the history behind the book you just happened to pick up for some reason, that may or may not involve the pretty picture on the cover. (Thank you VeraValtameri)

Now where was I up to...

Oh yes, I remember now, dimwitted humans...

Your first King brought about a war against the dragons. They made their first hostile move by killing one of our own, she was barely six hundred and was the first of many, so Enacrahsa ate the King, he was delicious. The Kings's son Prince Steve was young and inexperienced, but he took on the job of war-monger with a certain enthusiasm you'd expect from a human. He ruled for ten years - until a dragon called Kcalbemalf shredded him to bits. After Steve, his sons, and his son's sons, continued his war path, at least half of them were burned to a crisp, the others were either clawed to death or eaten, but sadly humans have sharp things and breed like rats, dragons were often over run and stabbed to death, so the War of Fire and Sword continued with both sides suffering heavily.

Until one day a very smart young man called King Dean (who is probably the only human in existence I respect) decided to end The War of Fire and Sword. He resolved peace with the Eternal Council, admitting that war had to end some day so why not today?  Together King Dean and the Eternal Council established a new golden age where dragon and men could co-exist in harmony.

Then they set to building their new found kingdom, WingWard...