What's left of the Council (Mortsyks)

Through an Eternal dragon's eyes the court was a worn down stone built room illuminated by fire light and the shimmering gold arc of light that radiated from King Dean and bounced off the walls, but if I was a human, this oblong room would reflect on the state of the King, worn, grey and dying. I imagine that through human's eyes, his beard would seem as wispy as the grey smoke that rose lazily from the fire, and I imagine that he would seem weak and unfit to rule to ignorant humans.

But, to me, he has always been as young and radiant as he was when he came to the Eternal Council for peace.

"Zzz rrremmm"

I think he may be sleeping, it's unfortunate that I have to wake him up this way.

"Rrrrem mmin" grunted Dean in his sleepy haze.

I turned my head towards the embers of the fire pit and let it roar to life with dragon-like attitude. I don't even need to breathe to cause fire anymore - it's quite helpful for waking sleeping kings.

"THE DRAGONS! THEY'RE BACK!" He screamed, falling off his throne and continuing to scream with his hands over his face.

"Dean."

"THEY'RE SCORCHING THE CASTLE!" He shrieked. "QUICK SAVE THE CHILDREN! RETREAT TO THE STRONGHOLD!"

"Dean, the war's over remember."

"Oh..." He said, blushing slightly.

"And it's time to review the recent disappearances." I sighed, offering the end of my tail as something to help him pull himself onto his feet.

"Uh, yes, yes, terrible things." He said, leaning on my tail as he found the strength to stand. "Um....Wasn't there something I had to say before we started any political stuff?"

"Council shall gather, for the better or worse, for both dragons and humans, so that our golden age can last for ever."

"Oh yes," he said, hobbling back to his throne. "Council and all that," he said, sitting back on his throne. "Uh, tell me where is the rest of the Eternal Council?"

"Well, Hitpedaes is somewhere in the Pacific.  He comes back once a year with a few shiny things and I don't know where Larutan is, but I'm sure she's all right."

"And Niatnoumfire?"

"He died, a hundred years before you were born, in the Battle of Collapse."

"Oh," he said, looking to the ground. "What about Enacrahsa?"

"We banished him remember, he tried to eat you."

"Ah... yes, he was a nasty piece of work. The stench of his breath still haunts my dreams."

"He was a rather good sorcerer though, he got twelve humans to walk into his mouth." I hissed softly, "I still think he's incanting something sinister, even now."

"Yes, he really didn't like you did he?"

"He did before he met you."

"Oh yes," he sighed.  "Oh Mortsyks, what would I do without you?"

"Sleep a lot more I guess."

"I would," he laughed, bringing a smile to my scaled face.

But I had to continue. "Now about those disappearances...."