Cathie

Library period was quieter than usual, everyone trying to overhear each other's whispers about the disappearances that have been occurring.

The Librarian was certainly relieved, she could rest after what probably seemed like a millennia of gliding over book shelves hissing at noisy teenagers.

Yes, the Librarian was a dragon, a strange one at most, she was mostly brown but there were multi-coloured lines across her back, as if she was destined to end up surrounded by book cases. (It came in handy when sneaking up on unsuspecting trouble makers.)

I hate the idea of more people disappearing, the idea is too familiar.

Speaking of disappearing, there were no other dragons in the library, which is strange, normally you couldn't throw a pencil without batting a pair of wings. Dragons had an intense hunger for knowledge, as if it was one big competition and their entire species were all competitors. Too be honest, I think they want to find out how to become Eternals.

Levarg wasn't here either.

Which made me prey without the scaled predators.

But today there's too many strange things going on for the 'usual suspects' to notice that I'm dragon-less along with the rest of the students that have Counterparts.

Then a deep ringing bell sounded distantly from the top of the Arcane Tower where the school spell books were kept.

It donged once, which meant it was time for history class.

I packed up my 'Origins of Sea Serpents' book and the scatter of papers that I used to take notes on their similarities to dragons, and headed down the arched hall along with the rest of the humans.

The Librarian hissed in her sleep as we left. At least she was calm.