Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I sprint down the stone steps of Rodriguez's cottage and whistle.

"Christopher, come!" I scream as loud as possible. Minutes later, the black lion materializes from the forest. He crouches, allowing me to climb onto his back.

"Good boy." I pat his mane.

Soon, Rodriguez rushes out of the cottage with his staff in hand. He waves it in a circular motion and mumbles some words as black dust begins to swirl in front of him. when the dust settles, in its place is a black stallion. He quickly slings himself on the horse.

"Meet you at the castle." We both nod in agreement.

"Ya!" He commands the horse.

When Rodriguez is out of sight I take a deep breath. I don't know why I care so much about this place when nothing good has ever happened here, but I want vengeance for an innocent girl that died. Plus, she was beautiful, I mean hello, she looked exactly like me for crying out loud!

I look at the crescent moon necklace with swirls engraved in it and run my fingers over the initials on the back. But for some odd reason, the pattern feels...different. I flip it over and almost fall off of Christopher when I see the initials carved in the back. Not M.D. For Melani Demana, but S.C...Shavonte Cross. I guess this crest really is mine after all. I guess technically I'm the one with the powers to rid Demana of King Raymon.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Upon arrival to the castle I see many guards blocking the moat. Christopher stops behind a few trees where the motte is visible to me. All of the guards hold broadswords and wear knights armor. I hop of of Chris and pet his bandaged paw softly.

"Thank you so much." I say.

He purrs.

"I'll tell you how it goes."

I don't walk toward my mission until I turn and watch Christopher vanish into the magical forest. I really hope that he is safe from the King's men. I really wouldn't want to see his head hanging on a wall.

I clutch my dagger and pull the hood of my cloak over my head. When I get out in the open, I feel a presence behind me. I turn to spot Rodriguez approaching me on his black stallion. Once the horse stops, he strokes its neck.

"Good boy." He tells the horse. The black stallion stands tall and proud.

"Okay, remember the plan?" I eye Rodrigo, just to make sure he's 100% on board. I can't do this without him.

"Yeah. I have the Stone."

I scan Rodriguez. He doesn't have a pouch, and he's not holding anything....

"Where?" I question.

"In its magical essence." Rodriguez holds out his hand and his staff begins to appear in his hand like a picture beginning to form.

I smile and nod. Rodriguez really isn't a bad guy, he's just mistaken for the bad guy. I turn to look at the moat and take a deep breath. I take my first step. Suddenly, I feel the urge to turn. He's gone. It's going to take me a while to get used to this whole magic thing. I turn on my heel and trudge forward.

"Good morning gentlemen, fine day. Isn't it?" I greet as I attempt to walk between two guards. Two silver spears cross each other and stop me from walking.