Zane x reader

CHAPTER 5
ITS HARD TO GIVE TRUST IN AN UNTRUSTWORTHY WORLD

Wind whisked past your ears and cries of alarm encased the forest as you soared through the air. You squeezed your eyes shut as you reached for the branch and suddenly the world was flipped. Well more like you were. You were hanging upside down desperately clinging on to the branch like a sloth. You stared to climb to sit up right on the branch and slowly stand up. You look across to the tree you were just in and saw a man wearing a hoodie to conceal his face and a red bandana to cover his eyes. "Ha! Try to catch me now sucker!" You race along the tree branches jumping from one to another like a squirrel along the edge of the clearing. "HEY! Ow. CAN YOU! Ouch. SLOW DOWN! Dude that's my foot. JUST A BIT!" A different voice called from below you. "NEVER!" You yowl triumphantly. "I'VE FOUGHT BEFORE! IM NOT AFRAID TO FIGHT YOU!" "THEN. Dude really? WHY ARE. Ouch. YOU. Ah! RUNNING!" " BECAUSE," You stop and trip the guy with the bandana. "That's why." As they rushed to help their friend you leap in the opposite direction. I feel bad that I had to do that but if they were working for Zane... I just can't risk it. You eventually get tired and find a cave opening yawning like a great toothed mouth. You settle in that cave for a nights rest. As you do you pull the picture out of your pocket and stare it for awhile until you drift off into a troubled sleep.
Le time skip b/c I don't want to write about dreams

In the morning you wake up to the smell of fire but when you look in the sky there is no smoke. A smokeless fire? Is that even possible? You walk outside to investigate the chared smell. As you follow the scent you start to hear humming. A girl. Out here! But there's monsters and... Oh ya I'm a girl. Woops. Finally you find the well hidden camp. As you silently look around you notice the glow of a fire coming from another cave.(heh ANOTHER TORCH! or just ANOTHER! #sky ref and #thor ref) You hear the humming grow steadily louder as you near the cave. You hoped to be silent but that failed when you stepped on some leafs. "Oh no." You hear the individual whisper. "What if it's my father and the rest of the clan? What if it's some horrible monster? What if its-" "it's me" you step into the cave and you hear her whimper. "Please don't take me back to my clan. Please don't hurt me. Please don't kill me." "I have no reason to hurt or kill you unless you work for Zane." You state sternly. "Zane? Who's Zane?" She sounded genuinely stumped. "High Priest Zane of Oklasis. He's the reason I'm here and my family and the entirety of my village is six feet below!" You punch the cave wall in frustration leaving some good sized cracks and your knuckles red and painful. "Oh." She says quietly. "So your family and friends are dead." What do you think shorty." You say that even though she is reasonably taller than you. "Oh well do you want to sit down and relax for a bit. I have room." "I would like to but I don't know if I can trust you yet." "That's understandable. It's hard to trust in a world that hurt you." "Right." As this mystery girl and you talk a figure watches and listens carefully in the trees while holding back a pack of wolves from reaching that cave.
END OF CHAPTER 5