2- Triwizard Tournament

(Continuing year three during the time Malfoy is chasing after Hermione after being caught spying on him)

Still Year Three::

Hermione's POV::

"Granger! I know you're here!" Malfoy shouts into the empty halls sending echoes off the walls. I could wait here and hope he gives up or make a break for it and hope he doesn't catch me.

Option two sounded good at the time, when his back was turned I dashed towards the other end of the hall, except I slipped and fell flat on my butt.

"Trying to sneak away are we?" Malfoy snickers and I scramble to get on my feet before he can get to me. But I'm not fast enough.

"What were you doing earlier? Planning your next attack?" He growls in my ear as he pins one of my arms behind my back.

I wince in pain at the contact and struggle against his surprising strong grip but he pushed me back against him making it more difficult. "N-no I..came to --" I began but Malfoy squeezed my wrist causing me to gasp.

"Miss Granger..and Mr Malfoy. How odd I find you both together like this when you usually should be eating at this time?" Professor Snape finds us and Malfoy silently releases my arm without Snape noticing.

Snape raises one brow as he steps closer to us and I hear Malfoy swallow nervously. "Well..?" He inquires at us.

I glance at Malfoy and decide to speak up,"It's nothing! I was merely asking Malfoy here about the assignment from defense against the dark arts."

Snape looks between the both of us looking at Malfoy for confirmation,"It's true." Malfoy sputters. Snape pauses for a moment longer as if trying to find a hidden lie but soon brushes it off and stalks away without a word.

"What was that Granger. Sticking up for me are we? Why not just spill it all and get me detention?" Malfoy grumbles. I look up at him and I can't help but feel angry at his judgmental attitude. He didn't truly know me, but then again, I didn't know him all that well either. I guess I had no right to be mad in the end.

"I'm sorry." I blurt out and Malfoy's eyes widen at my words. "What?" He asks in disbelief turning to face me.

 "What?" He asks in disbelief turning to face me

I lower my gaze to the floor,"I...I actually came to apologize to you..." My voice was barely above a whisper but I know he heard me, because his breath caught in his throat and coughed it off to mask his shock.

"Well... You're apology is Declined." He spits out in a disgusted tone after a good long while of just awkwardly standing there.

I stood in place with a smirk on my face watching as the platinum haired boy stalked off and turned down the opposite hallway of the Mess Hall, cursing at some students who bumped into him along the way.

Flashback to year Four::

"So the Yule Ball...is first and foremost...a dance." Professor McGonnagall states to our class. I hear all the girls get excited and start babbling about what to wear already, the boys on the other hand groaned.

     Everyone watched in amusement as Ron danced with the Professor and soon enough it was time for everyone to join in. The boys stayed seated, as they looked bothered by the whole thing. Like all of this was stupid. That was until Neville stood up, a few others joined in and soon everyone had found a partner...except me.

"Mr Malfoy! You will join your classmates in the practice of dance or it'll be five points from Slytherin."

I look to see Malfoy sneer and reluctantly stand up from his seat. He began scanning the room for a girl with no partner. His piercing blue eyes land on mine and I feel my stomach twist in knots. '

   Why am I taking notice of his eyes now? He's a serpent ! Don't fall for his tricks Hermione! ' I kept thinking to myself.
    He slowly walks over to me and I see eyes following him as he passes through couples dancing. I can't help the gasp escape my lips when he comes to a stop in front of me. Smirking, he mockingly bows his hand and offers it to me and I scoff. Please, like I'm going to dance with a Slytherin.

I can feel the entire room's eyes on me waiting for my response ,"Granger take my hand now or you'll get points removed too." Malfoy hisses through his teeth. I hesitantly reach out to take it, but Malfoy was too impatient and grabbed my hand tugging me towards him. He gently places one hand on my waist getting into a ready to dance position and I gasp as he nods towards the professor.

"Begin the music!" McGonnagall orders and everyone begins slowly dancing like they had no clue as to what they were doing.

Malfoy on the other hand was leading me like a pro. I looked up at him,"Since when do you know how to dance?" I ask with a smirk and Malfoy clenches his jaw and grips my hand tighter causing my face to twist in slight pain.

"Shut it Granger, of course I know how to dance. I'm from a prestige household after all. I have many talents." He snaps. I notice Ron was making his way towards us trying to play it coy,"Hermione, want to swich?" Ron whispers and Malfoy's head snaps in his direction,"Beat it Weasel." Malfoy growls and my eyebrows shoot up in shock when he suddenly spins me to get us away.

"Draco!" I shriek startled. What's gotten into him all of a sudden? I stop spinning and he leans lower to close to my ear,"Don't call me by my first name Granger." He warns and I look away from those soul piercing eyes of his as he stands straight again.

We continue to dance the rest of the class in silence, and I take notice we were the last ones to stop.

"The Yule Ball will be taking place right before the holidays! Please be prepared to have a partner by then!" The Professor announces as everyone leaves.

Who am I going to go with? Perhaps Ron? No that might be a little weird, right? My eyes slowly follow a certain platinum haired boy making his way through the crowds until all I can see is his hair amongst the rest of students. No! Impossible! How could I think such a thing?

Don't forget to leave some love! (: