Chapter 5

When the blue eyes opened in the morning, they were met with the sight of a certain blonde's sleeping face. Which was no surprise, Seto had fallen asleep in his bed after all, but the strange thing was he could feel the blondes legs intertwined with his own, which should have been too small, furry and fragile to manage. Now that he looked down, he saw that his short coat of fur was gone and replaced with rather soft and sensitive skin, as well as hands, feet, fingers and toes. Seto lifted his right hand to his face, as he was laying on his right arm and side, and examined it. The air soft shifting through his slim fingers, the way his nails were as short and neat as they had been before he had been transformed into a cat. It was strange, last time he looked at his body he was only thirteen and everything was much, much smaller then. By his calculations, which were never wrong, it had been five years he had spent as a cat. Deep in thought, the former cat only barely noticed as the younger teen next to him woke and took notice of him. Which earned a sharp intake of breath and smack to the head. Seto was propelled backwards, hitting the wall with a rather loud knock.

"Ugh!"

"Who the hell are you!?" shouted the blonde who's name he now remembered to be Jounouchi Katsuya. Seto ignored the question, and simply regarded the blonde with the same look he used often as a cat, and twitched an ear. Which he now noted were on top of his head instead of on either side. Wide eye'd, the brunette reached up to touch the furry appendages. When his fingers met them, he felt them twitch in both fingers and head. That was just strange, yet what he felt next was even more so.

A groan escaped when something tugged gently at something else attached to his backside. It couldn't be... indeed it was. To his now rekindled surprise, Seto found a long, brown and swishing tail attached to his tailbone, followed by the fact that he was not the one touching his tail.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" the brunette asked, his tone slightly more harsh than he had been intending. When the young boy in front of him jumped backward, his glare softened a bit. Jounouchi had now released his tail and was watching his movements very closely, looking for any sign of hostility. After a moment, Seto gave up his glaring and simply looked down to his body once more. He still had shoulders, and a ribcage, and a heart, he could hear it beating. And he still had his... other anatomy further down, including kneecaps and ankles.

"Who are you?" Jounouchi asked again, quieter this time. Seto looked up with a smirk. Should he mess with the boy? No, probably not... but that wasn't going to stop him from doing it anyway. Seto let out a purr and swished his tail back and forth, unintentionally of course.

"Whatever could you mean, Jounouchi-kun?" He purred, emphasis on the kun. The blonde squeaked. Did he know this person?

"I don't know you." He decided, retreating backwards off the bed. As if Seto was going to let him get away that easily.

"Yes, you do know me. Try to remember, Katsuya." He continued, following the other boy off the bed. Jounouchi tried to walk backward and watch seto at the same time, but tripped over the bed covers he had accidentally drug off the bed with him. He landed on his rear in the floor. For some reason, the teen that could take on people eight times his size was quivering and crawling backward from someone who was only slightly taller.

"S-stay away...!" He cried out, his back hitting his dresser in his attempt to escape the boy stalking him. Seto was having the most fun he'd had in in a very long while. More fun than when he got into the catnip for Ra's sake! But he knew that if he pushed this boy any further, he might scare him to death. Which might have been unlikely.

"Calm down. Ra, you're acting like a scared little puppy." the strange brunette commented as he stopped stalking across the room. Katsuya relaxed a little, leaning against the wooden dresser behind him before taking in the insult just thrown at him.

"P-puppy!? I am not a puppy!" He shouted, aiming a kick at the man. He dodged it easily and regarded Jounouchi with a wide and rather disturbing smirk.

"Oh? Does the puppy need a leash?" The brunette asked. Jounouchi was now confused more so than when he woke up next to a man. This person, whoever he was, knew his full name, and was now insulting him. From what he noticed, this person also had a tail... a cat tail to be precise, and cat ears upon his head. Which, due to his current staring, he noted were real as he watched them twitch this way and that before resting against the brunette locks.

"Have I scared you?" The brunette asked softly, his ears resting against his head and tail wrapped against his thigh. His rather exposed thigh.

"Katsuya."

Jounouchi paused and looked up at the familiar blue eyes. They held barely any sign of actual apology, rather amusement instead. Jounouchi felt his face heat in both anger and embarrassment. He had let this person get the better of him, and now he was paying for it.

"N-no! You didn't scare me at all!" He lied, his red face contradicting his words. The brunette noticed this and smirked.

"Ah. I see. Then no harm done, right Puppy?"

The blonde nodded and stood, not even noticing the insult placed into the last sentence.

"Jounouchi-Kun, have you seen Kai around here?" Yuugi cried, bursting into the room. Both Katsuya and seto looked up.

"Come to think of it, no." He replied.

"Are you referring to me?"

Two sets of eyes, one brown and the other purple, came to rest on Seto's sitting figure. His left ear twitched and he glared at the smallest teen who looked so much like his damn cousin.

"S-Seto-san...?" Yuugi asked, taking a small step forward. Jounouchi grasped his arm in warning before realizing that Yuugi knew the man sitting in his room.

"Yuugi, you know him?" He asked, letting his arm go. The small starhead turned around and looked at his best-friend.

"Not really, Jounouchi-kun. He knows Atemu-san."

Both other boys looked at him, completely confused. Yuugi sighed, this might be harder than he'd thought.

"Seto-san, Jounouchi-kun, will you please come with me for a moment then?"

Jounouchi rose and nodded, while Seto stayed put in his spot on the floor. Like hell he was going anywhere with this kid, he had no reason to-

"Get up cat-boy."

"And why should I listen to you, Puppy?"

"Don't call me Puppy!"