Chapter 14

"It seems that the animal that most suits you is the dove. A bird associated with innocence and light, I think it suits you perfectly." Atem said, sitting on the bed. Yuugi took the moment to look around and taking in his surroundings. The room was small and had mud textured walls as well as tall stone pillars. It was light outside the large glass door to the left of the bed he was currently laying in.

"Where am I?" Yuugi asked, turning to Atem. He smiled.

"Welcome to Egypt, this is my home."

Yuugi stared at him. How had he gotten to Egypt?

"You were flown here mistaken for me, right, tomb robber?"

"Oh quit your whining, Pharaoh."

Yuugi looked up to see a man, about twenty years old, with a scar running down the length of his face on the left side. He had long white hair and dark eyes. Behind him a younger male stood with light blonde hair and purple eyes.

"I do not whine."

"Ha! I've served you since you were small, you whine like a child."

"That may be so, but I have never...-"

The younger teen stepped forward.

"Please stop fighting, especially you Bakura-san. You're acting like a child, and that is no way for a twenty-three year old man to act."

Bakura's face reddened and Atem laughed;

"Ha! I'm afraid you've just been scolded by your nineteen year old lover."

Yuugi sighed before adding;

"Yes, but you were just scolded as well Atemu-san."

Atem stopped laughing and began to pout as Yuugi and the other male began to laugh. The boy made his way to the bed and perched himself upon it and smiled at Yuugi;

"I'm Ishtar Marik, what is your name?" he asked in perfect Japanese.

"Muto Yuugi, Nice to meet you." He replied, bowing his head. Marik returned the gesture.

It was now dinnertime and Bakura, Atem, and Seto were in the kitchen fighting over who would cook what while Jounouchi slept in Kaiba's room. Yuugi sat atop the stone banister outside Atem's room and looked out over the desert city and rolling sand dunes.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

Yuugi turned around to see Marik standing in the doorway. He was smiling.

"Oh, Ishtar-san! I didn't see you there!" Yuugi exclaimed, Marik moved his hand in a dismissive manner.

"I just got here. I came to ask if you would help me with dinner?"

Yuugi tipped his head to the side.

"Dinner? I thought Atemu-san, Kaiba-kun and Bakura-san were cooking?" Yuugi replied. Marik laughed;

"Absolutely not. Bakura has never been able to cook and the others have never cooked anything but toast and eggs among other things. I usually cook and I overheard Atem talking about you and how he loved your cooking. I was hoping you'd teach me some new recipes, something from your culture in Japan."

Yuugi grinned;

"Sounds like fun, but how do we get them out of the kitchen?"

An evil smirk came across Mariks face and he beaconed Yuugi inside with;

"I have a plan."

"Kaiba, can I speak with you in the other room?"

Seto's head popped up from the pan of eggs he was burning.