Chapter 6

Yuugi lead both Seto and Jounouchi into his room before closing the door. He strode over to his bed and poked Atem, who was already awake. In the form of a bird, he proceeded to perch himself on a pillow, offered by Yuugi, and survey the room. Although neither the blonde or brunette seemed to be paying attention, as they were... doing something between flirting and fighting.

"Just put them on, cat-boy." Jounouchi said, shoving the clothes in Seto's face. Seto snatched them and threw them on the floor.

"If you can't tell, Puppy, I am not the same size as you. Your clothes would be too small."

"So what!? I'm only trying to help you, you could at least put on the pants."

"What if I don't want to wear pants?" He replied. Jounouchi smirked;

"Yeah, sure. You say that, but the entire time you've been here you've been covering yourself with your hands!"

At least his cousin had the decency to blush at that comment.

"Little one, I cannot tell if they are getting along or not..." Commented Atem quietly. Yuugi laughed.

"I'd like to think they are, but we wont know unless we ask them."

Atem decided that his little one's idea could be a rather fun situation. So he tried it;

"Seto, cease your flirting for a moment so we can talk?"

The brunette turned to looked at the bird and hissed at him.

"Shut up you, you have no idea what you're talking about. Me flirting with this mutt? Please."

The look on Jounouchi's face was one of conflicting feelings before settling on anger.

"M-mutt? I found you in my bed, you chased me across the room, called me degrading names, insulted my best-friends authority in his own house! All I've done is try to help you! I even gave you some of my brand new clothes!" His face was red with anger and Seto looked rather taken aback. Yuugi was about to comfort his friend when the blonde's eyes widened and his hand clutched his side.

"U-ugh...!"

Both Yuugi and Atem had no idea what had happened when Jounouchi had gripped his side in what looked like pain, but Seto had known the second before he had started to shout. Quickly, the brunette pushed the blonde onto the floor, trying to pull off the shirt he was clutching too. Jounouchi tightened his grip and made an attempt to throw the cat off, but failed as it only caused him more pain.

"G-get... off me."

Seto gritted his teeth. For some reason, he didn't like seeing this dog-like teen in pain.

"Just shut up and move your hand." He commanded, using the same tone he had when Katsuya had yanked his tail. He shook his head, no.

"Don't be a baby, mutt, let go." He snapped. Another shake of the head.

"I'm fine..."

That was the final straw, Seto was so confused and angry, yet most of all... he was worried about the blonde. Which made him more angry and confused. Straddling the blondes hips, he simply ripped the shirt in half and threw it across the room, and pinning both of his hands above his head using one hand.

"S-seto-san! What are you doing!?" cried Yuugi, starting toward him. A dark look and hiss stopped him in his tracks.

"Cousin, stop this right now. Just tell us what's wrong and-"

"Shut up! You, the mini Atem, go get a first aid kit!" Screamed the brunette, both teens shuddered before Yuugi scurried off and Atem followed on his shoulder.

Jounouchi's breath hitched as the brunette tore the gauze roughly from his torso, revealing the reopened wound on his ribs. All the action from earlier, in his room, had pulled the stitches, and when his blood pressure had risen blood had begun to seep out.

"Wh-what're you doing...?"

Seto had shifted and now Jounouchi couldn't see him anymore. Having just met him, well in human form, today, Jounouchi hadn't gotten a very good first impression. Now, something wet and strangely slug-like was making it's way up his wound. It was warm, then cool as it passed... what could it be? Carefully, Jounouchi lifted his head and looked.

"Wah! Why-!? You...!"

"Kaiba."

"What?"

"My name is Seto Kaiba, not you."

After a pause, the brunette continued to lick the irritated, red wound, which was helping from some reason. In a confused and slightly scared way, Katsuya watched as both of the cat ears atop the brown locks began to recede and human ears formed on each side of his head. Curious, the blonde reached out and felt for the tail he knew had been there before, could it have gone too? Sure enough, the tail had gone as well... which meant...

"K-kaiba..."

"K-Kaiba...-kun."

He'd said it again, Seto's last name... and brunette found he liked the way it sounded coming out of the mutt's mouth.

"What is it, Puppy?" He replied, lifting his head. What was taking those other two so long...?

"E-ears and tail... gone." He said, touching his captivators now human ears. Surprised, Seto sat up letting Jounouchi's hands go and feeling the sides of his head. Sure enough, there were real, human ears there.

"Kaiba-kun...?"

The brunette looked down, Jounouchi's face was red and it looked like he was dizzy. Maybe he lost more blood than Seto had thought...

"Will you put the pants on, please?"

An actual smile, although extremely small, played across Seto's lips, making Jounouchi blush.

"Well, since you said please... I guess I could. Don't get used to it, mutt."

When Yuugi and Atem had come back into the room a few minutes later, Jounouchi was leaning against the wall in a sitting position and Seto had pants on, finally. Yuugi was the first to speak;

"How is he?"

Seto looked up, and noticed the first aid kit in his hands. He snatched it and went back to attending the puppy in the corner before speaking.

"His wound reopened. Nothing other than that, I'm sure this mutt is harder to get rid of than cockroaches." He stated more to himself than anyone else as he began to wrap the blonde's wounds. Atem watched his movements closely, he noticed, as one of his hands rested on the end of the gauze and the other moved around the thin ribcage slowly. Once he was sure it wasn't to tight, or loose, Seto tapped the end after tucking it in.

"You seem almost kind to this boy, Seto. Why?"

The brunette regarded Atem with a glare and stood.

"It doesn't matter, because I treated him. Now..." He turned to Yuugi. The smallest teen flinched, but didn't look away.

"Do you have a computer? Maybe a laptop?" He asked. It wasn't rude, and it wasn't kind either, it was a question.

"N-no, Grandpa doesn't like those kinds of things... but I could take you to the library." He suggested. Seto nodded.

"Good, I have things I need to look at."