Not my Fairytale

In a world taken over by werewolves, humans struggle to thrive among all the supernatural creatures. After world war IV, werewolves, vampires, and fallen angels come out from hiding and live in peaceful harmony among the living. That, of course, doesn't involve the human race. Humans are seen as weak, a waste of space, and useless without super powers. Humans are treated as vermin, living in the worst possible conditions, and only surviving in murky water from a stream and what they can grow in the fields, such as corn and wheat. The only reason they would be kept around is because of the chance that they could be a "mate".

A mate is known as your other half, your soul mate. You would feel sparks when you touch, and when you look at each other, it's like you're the only two people in the world. Of course, it is almost shameful to have a weak human as a mate.

Living in such peace and harmony is all thanks to the royal family. Under the instruction of the king and queen, there has been peace for decades. Werewolves, being the strongest of the supernatural world, have authority over everyone else. Alpha John and Luna Jana have been king and queen for about a century and are happy to be stepping down to their son, Damon Striker, to take over the throne. There seems to be one problem. Damon has yet to find his mate yet. Without a Luna at his side, he will not be able to fufill his responsibility. Being the selfish boy he is, he refuses to step up to the position without his true mate at his side. While other women try to charm him and seduce him, his heart will always belong to the woman that was made for him.

Annabelle Stray, a meak and brittle human, has been living in poverty her whole life. At least she's used to it. Having her brothers and best friend, Connor, to keep her company is the best life she could imagine being a human. She adores the stories her father tells her by the fire about the monsterous and evil supernatural creatures. It is against the law to teach against the supernaturals, but that's all that Annabelle has known throughout her entire life. Keeping her distance from the monsters, she can't help but be a little curious. So when she got an invitation to the sterling ball, she was a bit suspicious.