3: The Dream

~Annabelle~

I was running through a forest. I don't exactly remember how I got here, I just know that I had to get away from what was coming after me. I was barefoot, remembering I ditched my high heels that I was wearing or some god awful reason that I couldn't remember. I knew I was a long way from home, so I had to trust the trees surrounding me I keep me safe. Looking back, I saw lights of what seemed to be a party. Facing forward again, I felt tears stream down my face from fear and I pumped my legs faster than I ever thought I could've. Looking down, I was wearing a gorgeous white gown that I knew I could never have afforded. Dangly diamond earrings slapped the side if my face while my hair was up in a delicate bun. Why was I dressed like this? What was I running from? Realizing now, a new fear approached as I didn't know what waited for me in this forest. Some rabid animal could attack me and feed me to its family. However, that seemed more pleasant than facing whatever was chasing me. My legs started to become tired and I slowed down gradually. I sobbed louder and I knew it was hopeless.

I knew I had to stop sooner or later or I might pass out. I say down behind a tree hoping to stay hidden. My breathing slowed down an I tried to control my heartbeat. When I stood up, I was about to book it again to keep distance from my stalker, when I heard a loud and dangerous growl come behind me.

I turned around to see the biggest animal I had ever seen. It was a black wolf, with bright blue eyes, and he stood taller than me. He was terrifying.

"Oh god, please help me." I whispered as tears made their way down my face once again.

I took one step back and the growl became louder if that was even possible. I wanted to get away from this beast. I knew I might not survive the night, and I just wanted to see my family.

I tried to show no fear as I stood tall, and controlled my breathing. I dared to take another step back and the monster let out a warning bark. I stood their paralyzed and I knew I was going to die. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't move.

In the blink of an eye, the wolf changed into a very handsome, tall, and muscular man. Well I shouldn't call him a man, he just turned from a wolf to a human right in front of my eyes. He was tall, about 6 foot 4 inches, bright blue eyes, had a golden tan, abs of steel that I suddenly had the urge that I wanted to touch, and jet black short hair. He was the most handsome and sexiest man I have ever seen. It took me a moment to realize he was naked, and I tried to keep my eyes near his face.

"How dare you run from me! I have searched for you my whole life, and you run from me? You are mine! And only mine! Any other man who lays eyes on you will have their eye balls ripped out of their sockets. Any man go talks to you will have their vocal cords ripped out and lips sewn shut! Running from me is the worst possible thing you could have done! You will be punished so bad that you won't be able to walk for days! You will be chained to my bed and no one will see you until I say it's ok! Do you understand me, mate?" He raged and boomed that I thought the entire kingdom must have heard him.

I sobbed as I realized what he meant. I was his mate. I was trapped. That's why I was running and that's why he was chasing me. I couldn't let this happen. Who was this man? How powerful was he? I needed to get home to Connor. If the man standing in front of me found out I was thinking of another man at a time like this, he would kill Connor for sure.

I did what I only knew what to do. I took another step back and tried to run again. That was the stupidest move I've ever made. In less than a second, I felt my back crash against a tree and I cried out in pain. The man had his hand around my neck while my feet dangled a foot above the ground. His hand wasn't tight enough to cut off my oxygen supply, but just tight enough to keep me in my place.

"Do you not understand that I need you? You will never leave my side. Ever. You are mine!" He yelled trying to control his anger.

I don't know where my sudden burst of confidence came in, but it came in like a hurricane.

"I am NO ONES! I am my own individual person, allowed to make my own choices!" I snapped back at him with venom and pure hatred laced in my voice.

The once beautiful blue eyes that were before me were now gone. Replaced with red holes that scared me to death.

"No one has EVER talked to me like that! I will have to put you in your place, Annabelle. YOU. ARE. MINE!!!" He growled before me.

Before I had time to react, he tilted my head to the side and stuffed his face into my neck, taking in my scent.

"Aw, so perfect. And all mine." He whispered under his breath, but just loud enough for me to hear him.

He moved one hand to my waist and kept one had on my neck making sure I wouldn't move. I tried to struggle against him, but it was no use. He was too strong. He leaned his body forward trapping all my body. I tried to distract myself from the fact he was still naked.

He trailed butterfly kisses down my neck and I whimpered beneath him. He stopped at the crook of my neck and I felt him smirk against my skin. He took my skin in between his teeth and sucked. He was light at first but then he became rougher. I couldn't stop the moan that escaped my lips and I heard him chuckle deeply.

"I got you now." He whispered lightly.

He went back to the same spot and kissed the new tender spot lightly trying not to hurt me. Something became odd, I felt his teeth grow sharper and they almost felt like sharp canines.

"You are MINE!" He growled one last time before he sank his teeth into my skin and the scream that escaped my lips was useless to anyone around. The pain was excruciating and dreadful.

Before I could stop screaming, I shot up in bed breathing heavily. I realized I had been dreaming all along. My pillow was wet as well as my face and the tears wouldn't stop streaming down my face.

I ran as quickly as I could to the mirror and tilted my neck to the side. There was no mark. Thank goodness... But how strange.

What kind of dream was that? I've never had a nightmare like that before. It felt so real... Well for sure, it scared the living day lights out of me. Worst dream I've ever had.

I made my way to the window to see the sun was just rising. Well I better get up and head off to work. I got together my clothes, got dressed, and headed to the kitchen for breakfast.

One thing was only on my mind though. What did that dream mean? Why was I wearing a gown? Was it more of a vision?

Then it hit me. The Sterling Ball. I knew I had to stay away...