Spoiler

I couldn't remember a thing, I couldn't even remember my name.

All I could see was fire.

"Hey don't worry, I am here. As long as you do all the things I ask you to do, you'll be fine. Just keep in mind that you can't tell anyone about me, got it?"

There was this young man who was always in my room. He was always eating an apple while playing with my long messy hair.

I asked his name several times but he wouldn't tell me. He just kept on repeating "Do what I ask you to do, Savannah."

Every night he came in my room, when no one else was around. He told me a lot of stories, stories, seemingly familiar stories, that I found rather interesting.

His seemingly crimson red eyes gleams as the moonlight passes thru. His messy jetblack hair danced along with the winds as it blew thru the opened windows.

I didn't know who this young man was, but there were these phrases that seemed to repeat inside my head whenever he was around:

DO NOT BELIEVE HIM. DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM.

I wasn't sure where those words came from.

There were moments where I was almost persuaded by his charms, but for some reason, I couldn't genuinely "agree" with him.

Several months have passed, he did the same thing; he visits me every night, tells a story, then immidiately flees when he senses someone else's presence nearby.

I couldn't speak back to him.

Then the day came where he finally introduced himself. It seemed like, knowing his name alone was enough for me to be able to abandon those negative phrases inside my head. And to be fair, he did re-build my personality through his tales.

As skeptic I was, he was also persistent. He was always beside me. Sometimes, I even fall asleep on his legs, on his chest, and when I wake up and open my eyes, he's gone.

I felt comfortable with him as the time passed, I felt safe whenever he's around. It was like, no enemy could touch me. It was like, the feeling of being secured, of being loved.

And so I finally trusted him. As I bit an apple, I agreed.

Still, I wonder why my head's contradicting my heart. Those phrases still linger, yet I chose to follow my heart.

Did I make the wise choice to believe this man named Lincoln?