The Defeat of the Threat

*Third Person's P.O.V.*

Merlin and I quickly ran down the stairs, with Merlin carrying a lit torch, and turned right, quickly entering the Dragon's cave.
"Hello?!" I called, not seeing him anywhere, even though I could hear some movements and growling from deeper in the cave. My brother and I both looked up before taking a few steps back and covering our faces as a few rocks fell down from above. "Hello?!"
"Please, we need your help!" Merlin called with a desperate tone in his voice. After a few seconds of not seeing the Dragon, I was ready to give up and leave, but stopped immediately when I heard the familiar clinking of the chain and saw the Dragon land on the rocks in front of us.
"You told me I would not see you again," the Dragon said.
"We're not here for ourselves, we're here for Arthur!" Merlin replied, though I could still hear the anger after what the Dragon has done in his voice.
"Arthur's path lies with your paths," the Dragon said. "You have made it clear that you do not walk in step with me,"
"You cannot want Cornelius Sigan to win!" I exclaimed. "You're not evil," No matter how much he might have seemed to be.
"At least Sigan knows where his loyalties lie. You two have shown that you do not," the Dragon snapped.
"So you will let Camelot fall?" I challenged.
"I did not say that,"
"Then you will help us?" I asked.
There was a moment of silence, the Dragon staring into my eyes intensely.
"To defeat Sigan, you will need a spell more powerful than anything you know, Annabelle,"
"Please," I said, "I have to try," Even though I am terrified.
"Very well," the Dragon nodded, "But you must give me something in return," I had to stop myself from groaning.
"What?" I asked cautiously.
"A promise," the Dragon replied, making my quite nervous of what he wants from me.
"A promise?"
"That one day, you will free me," At this point, I had to bite my lip to stop myself from letting out a bitter laugh. I understand that he wants to be free after being imprisoned for almost 21 years, but he is putting his freedom before the well-being of hundreds of people.
"If I release you, what will you do?" I asked as Merlin stared at the Dragon with no trust whatsoever.
"That is not your concern," the Dragon replied calmly.
"I don't trust you!" I exclaimed, although I knew he already knows that.
"Nevertheless, you must promise, or Camelot will fall," I shook my head, not wanting to have to make the decision that will affect thousands of people.
As I was caught up in my thoughts and doubts, a hand suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me back as more rocks and dirt fell from above, letting me know that the situation outside is getting worse, and that the castle will soon fall. I looked up at Merlin, searching for help in my older brother's eyes. If I don't stop Sigan, everyone will die and Camelot will fall, but if I do defeat Sigan, I will have to release the Dragon... and who knows what he will do once he's free.
After another moment of silence, with Merlin and the Dragon both waiting for my decision, I made up my mind.
"I promise," I said, looking up at the Dragon, before looking down and shaking my head slightly as I breathed in. "Now please, give me the spell," I pleaded, and the Dragon stood taller.
"Close your eyes, and open your mind," he ordered, and I nodded, closing my eyes.

*Third Person's P.O.V.*

Merlin let go of his sister's hand and took a few steps back as the Dragon stretched his neck out and breathed out, letting the air hit Annabelle as she staggered backwards a little upon the impact. Merlin watched as the Dragon's breath seemed to be absorbed by the aura around Annabelle, and couldn't help but allow the corners of his mouth to turn upwards as she opened her eyes, the beautiful light shade of blue being replaced by a magnificent shade of gold.

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*

As I felt my eyes change back to the normal blue, I felt the power of the immensely strong spell rush through me, and I slowly looked up at the Dragon with wide eyes. I can hardly control that spell inside me... How am I supposed to defeat the most powerful sorcerer who ever lived with it?
"Few people have ever been gifted such knowledge," the Dragon spoke. "Use it wisely,"
"I will," I vowed as I placed my hand over my chest, trying to control my breathing as I felt the magic. Merlin then grabbed my hand, giving it a comforting squeeze and giving me a small smile, before we both turned around in order to leave.
"You made a promise, young Sorceress," the Dragon said, making me and my brother both stop and turn around to face him again. "And one day... I shall keep you to it,"
I stared at the Dragon, feeling that there is a dangerous meaning to his words, before leaving the cave as quickly as I could with Merlin by my side.