Fear of Magic

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*

        I quietly opened the door to Morgana's chambers, not knowing if she was still awake or if she decided to go to sleep after the traumatic events of last night and this morning. However, as I entered quietly, I saw Gwen sitting beside Morgana on the bed, the dark-skinned girl holding onto our Lady's hand tightly. They both looked up when they heard me close the door, and I could vaguely make out tear stains on Morgana's cheeks.
        I gave them both a small smile, before walking over and sitting on Morgana's other side.
        "How are you feeling?" I asked gently, and Morgana gave me a watery smile, trying not to worry me. She failed.
        "Better now," she tried to assure quietly, but Gwen and I both wore matching looks of disbelief. "Truly,"
        "Morgana..." I trailed off as I shook my head at her with a gentle smile, and gripped her hand in my own when I saw her lower lip tremble. "It's completely normal if you're not alright. I doubt anyone would be if they went through what you did tonight,"
        "No, really..." Morgana trailed off as she sniffled quietly, before forcing another small smile on her lips, "I'm alright," But as she said that, tears filled her eyes. "I just..."
        "Hey..." I whispered before pulling her into a tight hug, letting her bury her face in the crook of my neck while Gwen watched helplessly as she cried quietly. "Shh... It's alright. You're alright..."
        After a few minutes Morgana pulled away, and hastily wiped her tears away.
        "I'm sorry," she apologized to me, and I looked at her incredulously. What on Earthy does she have to apologize for? "I shouldn't... I shouldn't be worrying you. It was just a fire, after all," she said quietly as she forced out a chuckle, and Gwen and I both looked at her in disbelief.
        "Morgana, you could've died," Gwen said as she shook her head, gripping Morgana's hand in her own again.
        "But I didn't," Morgana said. "There is really no need for everyone to worry,"
        "Morgana..." I trailed off, before curling my fingers around her hand to make her look at me, "We don't worry because it's our duty as your maids, or because you're the King's ward. No. We worry because you are our friend. And honestly... I don't know what I would have done if I lost you," I admitted, and I could see fresh tears forming in her beautiful eyes, "Why don't you sleep for a while, hmm?" I proposed with a soft smile, getting off the bed, Gwen doing the same, and I saw Morgana's eyes widen in fear that she immediately tried to mask.
        "No, I-"
        "Hey," I interrupted her quietly, squatting in front of her and gripping both of her hands gently, "I promise I won't leave until you wake up. Alright?" I said quietly, and after a few seconds of hesitation, she nodded reluctantly. I gave her a smile that I hoped was comforting enough, before pulling back the sheets to let her lay down. Once she positioned herself comfortably on the pillows, I covered her with the sheets, making sure they were tucked around her while Gwen quickly took away the candle from the nightstand, not wanting Morgana to see the candle, even if it wasn't lit, "Everything's going to be alright," I said quietly as I stroked Morgana's hair comfortingly, and she nodded, somewhat reluctantly, before giving me a shaky smile, "Here," I whispered, before sitting beside her and holding her hand in both of my own, "How about I stay here until you fall asleep?" I proposed.
        "You don't have to-"
        "Morgana," I cut her off with a gentle smile, "It's no trouble, really. Just get some sleep. All I care about right now, is you," I said, and I saw Morgana's eyes fill with tears again, and, for a moment, I feared she won't go to sleep at all.
        "Thank you," she whispered, and I gave her a smile before leaning down to press a kiss to her forehead.
        "Get some sleep," I whispered, and she nodded, finally closing her eyes.

*1 Hour Later*

        I looked up from where I was sitting on the small sofa in Morgana's chambers as I heard someone knock on the door, and I shared a look with Gwen before she quickly stood up and went to open the door so that whoever was knocking didn't knock again and, God forbid, wake Morgana up.
        "How is she?" I heard a familiar voice ask, and I quickly put away the book I was reading and walked over to the door, only to see my brother standing in front of Gwen with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.
        "I've never seen her like this before," Gwen answered quietly as she glanced at Morgana over her shoulder.
        "She's traumatized," I added quietly as I took a step forward to stand beside Gwen, "I'm scared to leave her on her own," I said as I glanced at Morgana over my shoulder. 
        "Is there anything I can do to help?" Merlin asked, and I gave him a sad smile as Gwen gave him a loving one, before we both turned around as Morgana began to stir and whimper softly. Without a second thought I quickly walked over to her bed before sitting down quietly, making sure not to disturb her. I let my fingers stroke her hair gently as I glanced at my brother, giving him a sad look as my eyes flickered between him and Morgana's restless form, silently showing him how bad this situation is.
        "I better get back to her," Gwen said quietly as she watched me stroke Morgana's hair soothingly, and Merlin nodded in understanding before quickly handing her the flowers, "I'll make sure she knows who they're from," she smiled, before getting up on her tiptoes to give him a quick kiss. I smiled but quickly turned my head so that my eyes would rest solely on Morgana. Just because I'm happy for my brother and friend, doesn't mean I necessarily want to watch them kiss. Merlin's still my brother.