Left Behind

Anakin:

"Anakin! Some cloaked guy just came and burned down the homestead! Owen and Beru..they were still in there sir.." Han said through the commlink.

"No!" Sarah choked back a sob. "Wh-What did y-you see?" Anakin asked, holding back his own emotions. That had been one of his last connections to Shmi..and now it was gone.

"Some guy in a mask came in, he was looking for you and Leia. Activated a red saber thing, then lit the place up.." Han explained the encounter. "And how did you get out?" Anakin continued. "I was in the garage with Chewy. We made it to the Falcon in time,"

Of to the side, Sarah was crying and Leia was trying- and failing -to comfort the poor girl. The call ended, and he slammed down his fist. "Why does that Sith want us!" He said in exasperation.

"Well, we can't just forget it happened. The Sith want you and your daughter, whatever the reason may be," Obi-Wan said, stroking his chin thoughtfully. "An unfortunate loss, quite unfortunate, but we must continue with this rescue,"

Anakin nodded, then turned back to the controls. Usually being at the controls calmed him, hopefully it would now too.

Eight years. It had been eight years since he had seen Padmè and Luke! The last he had seen of them was a heartbroken Luke, and a stressed Padmè. Would things have gotten resolved if that day hadn't gone like that? What if he just hasn't answered that call?

"Anakin..imperials.." Obi-Wan warned, and he jumped in surprise. Sure enough, a large group of TIE Fighters were headed towards their ship. "Hold on," he cautioned, then took the wheel.

The TIE Fighters screamed as they flew past, blasters blazing. Anakin took evasive maneuvers, doing a series of loops and spins. "Leia! Can I get some defense?" He shouted as a missile whizzed by. "Got it!" She called back, running to the guns.

A boom rocked the Time Destroyer, and Sarah yelped. "The shields are holding..for now," Anakin said through gritted teeth, and Sarah nodded weakly. "Obi-Wan, can you get us to light speed? I'm a little busy," Anakin asked, sparing a glance at his master.

"Of course," Obi-Wan nodded immediately, and took the open seat by Anakin. He pressed a few controls and said, "Entering light speed in 15..." and so on. TIE Fighters exploded before them, showing Leia had done her job. There were still a few Imperials, but not enough to worry about.

Anakin turned for a moment to check on Sarah, and another boom rocked the ship. The other half of the Time Destroyer shook, and Anakin saw the bright orange of flames. "Leia's back there!" Sarah shouted, but Obi-Wan had already detatched. The blackness of space faded into the white of Hyperspace.

Padmè:

"Tell me where he is!" Padmè shouted at Sidious. "No. And if you knew what was good for you, you'd stop asking. Now leave, you've got an announcement to make," Sidious sneered, shoving a data pad into her arms.

Padmè scowled, but left towards her quarters. Waiting for her was Hylla and her sisters. "Good evening. The usual?" Hylla smiled sympathetically. "Evening Hylla, yes. The same," Padmè nodded, and sat down in front of the mirror.

The girls set to work, doing so effortlessly. They had done it for ten years. The makeup concealed her face. Annie pulled her hair up into a tight bun, then laid out a dress. The girls left her to change after that.

The dress was long and white, with the imperial insignia on the sleeves. It flowed out behind and in front of her, concealing the white heels. Padmè placed the heavy crown on her head, then left the room.

Once she had gotten to the throne room, Padmè began to read over the script. These announcements happened often, and Padmè had learned how to handle them long ago.

"Broadcasting in five.." A man said, and she prepared herself as the 'empress'. "And one.."

"Good evening. First off, I would like to speak to the rebellion. Your leader, Jedi Master Mace Windu, has been killed. Stand down now, we offer peace. Keep fighting, there will be consequences," Padmè said, then turned away for a moment to mourn her old friend.

"Secondly, I would like to inform you all of new fugitives. These fugitives are special, important even. If they are brought to me dead, there will be a punishment worse than death that awaits you,"

"Their names, Anakin Skywalker, Leia Skywalker, Sarah Skywalker Lars, Han Solo and Chewbacca, and Obi-Wan Kenobi. Four of the six are Jedi," Padmè finished.

Six holo-images appeared. The first person had brown hair, a blue jacket, and a white shirt. He had a smug look to him, something that spelled trouble. Han Solo.

The second was a wookie. Like all of their kind, it had lots of fur and big teeth. That was Chewbacca. The third was a girl with tan skin and brown frizzy hair. She had brown eyes, and a padawan braid cascaded down her shoulder. That must be Sarah.

The fourth was the first she recognized. It was most definitely Obi-Wan, though he seemed older and sadder. Silvery gray hair was mixed with the copper.

The fifth was a face she hadn't seen in a long time- too long. Anakin looked the same, exactly the same in fact. The same dirty blonde hair, the same blue eyes..but his eyes were sad. Too sad.

The sixth and final person took her awhile to recognize. She had long brown hair, which was pulled into two buns, one on each side of her head. She had brown eyes, but they were cold eyes. Those eyes hadn't truly loved in a long time.

It was Leia.

Hey guys!! So as some of you may know, WATTPAD DIDNT SAVE THE CHAPTER!! I had to rewrite the whole thing which took about two days. Well, I hope you enjoyed!!

May the force be with you-
Maddyskywalker