06: These Chains On Me

[edited]
Padme:

She didn't know how long she'd been a prisoner on the Death Star. Days, weeks, it all seemed to slip away into nothingness.

Luke was progressing further with his training, which scared her more than she wanted to admit. Padme could see the old Luke slipping away, slowly becoming more and more of who Palpatine wanted him to be.

    Currently, she was sitting in her bedroom, wearing a silk nightgown, plotting her escape. She had decided that she wouldn't stand for this any longer. Padme would break herself and Luke out, and when they returned home to Coruscant, she and Anakin would figure out how to bring their son back.

    She knew they wouldn't be able to stay on the core world very long, they'd have to flee to the outer rim immediately in order to stay ahead of the Empire. They'd find somewhere remote to live, just like she had wished originally, and she and Anakin could raise their children in peace.

    Padme knew it would be difficult getting off of the Death Star. Maybe she could convince Luke it was a training exercise for if they were ever captured-which they were-and he could knock out the guards with the force. It was a long shot, but maybe, just maybe, it could work.

    Once they had stolen a ship, Luke would begin to realize something was wrong and might try to steer them back. If she could just sedate him once they were on board... It was the only way.

    She didn't bother changing out of her nightgown before exiting her room and entering Luke's. Padme walked over to his bedside, where she could see the innocence returned to his face in sleep, and gently shook his shoulder to wake him up. "Mother...?" He asked groggily.

    "Come on, Luke. Sidious informed me about a training exercise he wants us to do. We're going to try and break out, as if we were actually captive. It's practice for if it ever happens one day. For it to be good practice, you're going to have to knock out every guard you see so we can get to a ship. Do you understand, sweety?" Padme explained her plan briefly, and from the look on his face, she could tell Luke believed her.

Padme grabbed his small hand and led him down the long stretch of corridor. There was less security at night. Either their was less work force, or guards had wandered off to enjoy more than just a drink or two. Truth be told, Padme didn't care which answer was truth, only that there were less scrutinizing eyes following them.

Though following tradition, their luck didn't hold. Turning a corner, they came across a trooper on patrol, currently facing away from them but nearing the end of the corridor. It wouldn't be long before the trooper turned around and saw them. "Quick, Luke," Padme managed to whisper softly enough that only her son heard.

Luke nodded before closing his eyes in concentration, his eyebrows scrunching up in the effort. The storm trooper collapsed in a heap of armor, light snores echoing against the walls. Padme gave Luke a short high-five then quickly ushered them on.

    In the next corridor, their luck turned out to be even worse than she first thought. Three guards stood watching vigilantly, immediately noticing their approach. One of them unsheathed a blaster and before she could move to disarm the trooper, the blaster had flown out of his hands and crumpled into itself then falling sadly onto the floor.

Another trooper had pulled out a comm unit and spoke some rushed words into the small device. Padme dashed towards him, slamming her elbow into his neck and watched as he crumpled, her move having knocked him out, but it was too late. The corridor was now swarming with troopers, and emerging from the swarm was none other than Palpatine.

    "So, Luke, did you enjoy your test?" He sneered, turning from her son to look at Padme. She returned his wicked glare with just as much hate as the sith had.

Luke smiled brightly. "Yes! It was amazing. I just wish I'd gotten through more of it." Padme looked down at her son, glimpsing his previous innocence slipping through the cracks of the wall put there by Sidious. She jumped as Luke gasped, furiously pressing his fists to his temples.

"Let me go..." He winced in pain, spurring her into action to kneel beside him.
"Luke...?" Padme asked uneasily, fearing the response that was coming. Quickly his arms snapped back into position, like a child moving the parts of a doll.

"Yes, Mother?" Luke asked, creepily calm. She recoiled in surprise. "I'd like to go back to my room now, if that's okay."

Padme nodded numbly. "I can escort you, if you'd like?" She asked, still unsure of what had just happened. Luke nodded as he grabbed her hand, pulling her away from the mess. She could feel Palpatine's gaze burning into her back, but that would be a problem for the next day. For now, all she cared about was her son.

Hi! So this chapter is from the future, seeing as this chap was written in July of 2017, instead of February of 2016. It's been over a year. Wowza. Hope you enjoyed the short little addition.

May the force be with you,
-madalynthefangirl