Epilogue

Palpatine was dead. The Death Star? Blown up. The Empire? In ruins. The galaxy was rebuilding themselves with the help of the Jedi, and everyone's hopes were lifting. Now the only thing left was Luke's funeral...

The crisp air of Dathomir rustled the leaves of the trees. The red of the evening sky set a dark tone for the ceremony approaching. The fog clouded their vision as they traveled through the forest to collect the fire wood.

As night quickly approached, the red skies of Dathomir turned a deep crimson. Padmè wrapped her son's cold, dead body in a mixture of linen, cloth, and materials found on the red planet of the Nightsisters.

"Everything alright?" Anakin approached Padmè, emotions raging inside of him. The former senator of Naboo nodded, taking one last look at her son's finally peaceful face before covering it in the linen.

Leia and the others approached from behind, emerging from the huge forest carrying multiple logs for the fire each. They planned to build a pyre, and give him a proper jedi burial, the one that Luke deserved.

One by one, they all placed down the logs. First was Chewbacca, and then Han, seeing how they had little to no relation to the Skywalker boy. Then was Sarah, she hadn't known Luke very long either. Then was Obi Wan, he had known and helped raise Luke for seven years. And finally Leia, the twin of the dead Jedi.

Anakin and Padmè both lifted up the lifeless body, carefully placing it on the pyre. Anakin quickly lit the fire, and Chewbacca howled in sadness. Leia stared at the rising fire, the orange flame reflecting off her brown eyes. Smoke rose into the sky, blending magically with the fog.

As Padmè cried, the heat from the fire evaporated her tears, making it nearly impossible to do so. The flames wrapped around the covered body, and began moving down the logs. The fire crackled simultaneously with the chirp of crickets and other creatures.

A ghostly figure faded into view behind the family. Slowly, the blonde haired, blue eyed boy smiled. "Thank you," he whispered. Anakin and the other force sensitives whirled around, but Luke was already gone.

Years Later.

"Ben! Go give Luke a hug and apologize!" Leia scolded her eldest son. Ben Solo was eleven years old, and Luke, her younger son, was five. Ben had taken Luke's toy star fighter, which had upset the young boy very much. Ben rolled his eyes, but did as his mother asked.

"Now go, Grandpa Anakin wants to start your Jedi training!" Leia ushered Ben off with a small, and then looked to the child clinging to her leg. Luke's name sake was long gone, and Leia still dearly missed her brother. Little Luke was a spitting image of his uncle. Sometimes Leia would see holos of her twin brother when he was young and some of little Luke and struggled to tell the difference. Both Leia and Han had thought this was a good way to honor the hero that was Luke Skywalker.

The thought of her brother often brought her to tears and reduced her to a little puddle of nothingness, but Luke's presence could often be felt, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

Her mother Padme then entered the room. They were currently residing at the Villa on Naboo where her mother had wanted to raise Luke and herself, but never got the chance. Now both she and Anakin wanted to give Leia and Han a chance to raise their family here.

"Good afternoon dear, want some berries? Oh! And hello Luke!" Padme smiled. Leia remembered how both of her parents had begun to cry when both Ben's and Luke's names were announced. Ben was in honor of Obi Wan, who was gravely ill at the time of Ben's birth, and had sadly died. "Yes, that would be lovely. Thank you, Mother," Leia nodded and smiled to Padme.

Soon she felt a tugging at the bottom of her dress. "Momma? Will you tell me the story of Master Starkiller again?" Luke asked. Little did her son know that Master Starkiller was his deceased uncle. Leia and Han had both agreed to wait utill he was older to tell him what really happened.

"Well..okay," Leia smiled, "Once upon a time, there was a brave little hero..."

Finished.

*sobbing*
Well, it's actually here. Thank you all, I wouldn't have gotten this far without you! This story has literally been such an experience for me. I had no idea how fast I would be receiving votes and reads! My other experiences with writing on wattpad have been no where near this great! I'm so grateful for all the support I've gotten in creating this book. It now lives on in many of your reading lists, and that thought makes me so happy! I hope you guys enjoyed!

May the force be with you, for the last time-
Maddyskywalker