Give It A Try

___________________________
On Board the flight to New York
Rj
Why does she look familiar? Have I seen her somewhere? Why can't I take my eyes off of her?

These questions bothered Rj as Maine, the flight attendant, started preparing orange juice and champagne for the business class passengers.

R: Nay, pamilyar ba sa iyo yung flight attendant na nabangga ko kanina? Parang nakita ko na talaga sya dati e, hindi ko lang alam kung saan.

Mama Ten laughed and looked incredulously at her "alaga".
MT: Sure ka na di mo natatandaan?

Rj nods which makes MT laugh even more.
R: *pouts* Tingnan mo ito, nagtatanong na nga kasi di matandaan, nang-aasar pa.
MT: E minsan lang kaya mangyari ito! (pauses) Paghihintayin muna kita kahit saglit lang.
R: Mama Ten!!!
MT: Sige na nga! Napakamainipin mo talaga!

Mama Ten clears her throat before saying
MT: *ehem* *ehem* Siya yung --
M: Good morning! Would you care for some refreshments?

Talk about bad timing! He almost had the answer (which could have been a great conversation starter) but as luck would have it, she was already serving their pre-flight drinks.

Always an optimistic guy though, he thought
R: This flight will last for 19 hours. I'm sure I can find a way to start a conversation with her with that amount of time.

Mind made up, he made sure to smile and emphasize his dimple while he was at it.
R: Orange juice, please.

As Maine was serving his drink, he intentionally brushed his hand a little bit with hers. He almost dropped his drink as he felt a zap with just that small contact.
R: Thank you, Maine!
M: You're welcome, sir!
R: (killer smile) Just call me, Rj. Parang ang tanda ko naman masyado with "sir".
M: (smiles shyly) Okay, si- uhm, I mean, Rj. Okay, Rj.

As soon as Maine was out of earshot, Rj turned to Mama Ten and raised both his brows while waiting for the answer.
MT: Ano nga ulit yun? *teasingly*
R: Nay!
MT: Oo na, eto na! (pauses for effect) Siya yung paborito mong panoorin nung 2015. Nung nahihilig ka pa sa pagdu-dubsmash? Tandaan mo na?
R: Mama Ten, dami ko kayang napanood nun, sino ba sya... Wait! Teka, siya yung Dubsmash Queen ba yun? (MT nods) Ayun! Kaya pala pamilyar talaga sya.

Maine Mendoza - at last I now remember where I saw you first. Sobrang ganda mo pala sa personal. And now I have a conversation starter with you! But first, I have to make a plan...

Maine
Grabe, ang guwapo nya talaga!
Maine thought to herself as she was serving pre-flight drinks to the guests assigned to her area.

She still can't get over the zing she felt with that one small touch of his fingers on hers.

She thought of her failed audition at Eat Bulaga! and what might have been a way for her to meet Alden - correction, Rj - if she only managed to get the spot.

Oh well, at least she's now living her dream of travelling the world as a flight attendant. It isn't as glamorous as people think it is - imagine being awake for almost the entire flight to take care of your guests. Then having to deal with irate or drunk passengers while keeping calm and smiling all the time.

Oh well, there's no perfect job. Maine, just think that in less than 24 hours, you'll be in New York! Vacation, here I come!