Is It Too Late?

6 months after...

Maine is in her room, on her laptop, checking out Alden Richards' updates on Social Media. She was a fan before she became his girlfriend and even if they already split up (ouch that still stings), she is still a fan because he is such a great actor.

With a hand tracing her laptop screen, she said to herself
M: Hmm, pumayat sya lalo, pero at least hindi na ganon kalalim yung eyebags nya...

She terribly misses Rj. Not a day goes by when she doesn't think about him or the "what could have been" had she not royally messed up that night 6 months ago.

She also misses his family. Lola Linda and Tito Richard loved her as if she was one of their own. Riza and Angel are the younger sisters she never had (since she was the youngest in the Mendoza family).

How she hopes that destiny will help out once more and grant her wish.

A week ago, she was at the garden when a shooting star blazed through the sky. She suddenly remembered when she wished for "something serendipitous to happen" when she was on top of the Empire State. Remembering that time, she closed her eyes and made a wish.

M: I wish I can have another opportunity to try and work things out with Rj.

A week has passed and she was still hoping for that wish to come true. Padding to her drawer, she took out the ring box once more. When she opened it, she sighed and stared at the beauty of the ring.

ND: Tititigan mo lang ba yan? Baka tukain ka nyan.

Maine was so surprised and flustered that she almost dropped the ring. Once she made sure that the ring was secure, she clutched it to her chest and blurted out in surprise,
M: Nay! Nandyan pala kayo!

ND: Oo, kanina pa. At sa palagay ko, dapat mas matagal ko nang ginawa ito.
M: Ano po yun?

Her mom approached her and gave her a tight hug.
ND: Nak, gusto kong mag-sorry para sa amin ng Tatay mo.
M: *muffled* Bakit naman po?

Her nanay moved back, looked at her and sat down by her side. She took one of Maine's hands and placed their joined hands on Maine's thigh.

ND: Nung bata ka pa, sinasarili mo na talaga ang sama ng loob mo. Hindi ka nagsasabi sa amin ng tatay mo. Si Coleen lang ang nakakausap mo at nagsasabi sya sa amin pag may tampo ka. Naiisip mo na baka hindi ka mahalaga sa amin kasi wala kaming masyadong panahon sa iyo. Na hindi malapit ang loob namin ng tatay mo sa iyo. Pinabayaan lang namin yun kasi, alam naman namin na hindi kami nagkulang sa inyong magkakapatid at maiintindihan mo rin iyon balang araw.

Maine felt uncomfortable with the discussion. Her relationship with her parents has grown better since she started working, however, they have never discussed this subject at all.

ND: Hindi namin alam na hanggang ngayon, nadala mo pa rin pala ang pagsasarili ng sama ng loob mo. (faces Maine) Menggay, pasensya na kung ganon ang naramdaman mo nung bata ka pa. Mahal namin kayong lahat ng Tatay mo.

M: Nay--

ND: At dahil mahal kita, gusto kitang maging masaya. Sa palagay ko, si Rj ang nagpapasaya sa iyo (Maine nods). Kung makakausap mo ulit si Rj, sa palagay mo maaayos nyo yung relasyon nyo?