§PROLOGUE§

§Prologue§

It's almost 2:00 AM in the morning and I'm the only person here walking to the pedestrian lane. All of the stores are closed and the only thing giving me sight is this flickering light post which is at the same time, making me feel uneasy.

Because I was too bothered of the broken light, I put my attention to something else and look in-front and took a peek on the stop light which is in red even though there are no vehicles coming ahead. I still decided to acknowledge it and just wait for it to become green.

My brows furrowed as I look in-front of me again seeing a little white rabbit at the end of the road standing with his two feet and seems to be looking at me. I don't know the why but my eyes was glued to that rabbit-- like something is telling me to give my full attention to it.

And those eyes, those eyes that's looking into the abyss of my soul...

When it turned around and hopped away my feet automatically walked and my body decided to follow it for some reason.

When I noticed that it was getting farther from me I also start to run keeping on it's track but suddenly I heard a loud and long horn and the next thing I know...

A bright light was coming towards me...

I woke up and the first thing I did was breathe. I was rapidly breathing that I can almost hear the pumping of my heart inside my ear. This is the first time hearing it beat so fast.

I also felt myself cold like an ice and the metallic bed that I'm laying on doesn't help my wanted temperature at all. I tried to look around but all I see are aligned metallic beds surrounding me with white clothes on the top of it that seems to be covering something within the table.

"W-wait is this?"

I can't help but to feel chills into my spine the moment I realized where I was.

"T-the morgue"

I started screaming for help and taking the white cloth with me only to know that I am not wearing anything.

I tried to open the door but it's no use, it's locked from the outside! All I can do now is scream for help hoping for someone to hear me from the outside.

"Why so loud Alice?"

I was stopped with a voice who called my name that I heard behind me. I turned around and can't help to feel relief when I saw a woman not far from me.

"Thank God, miss alam mo ba kung paano makakalaba--"

I was cutted to my words the moment I saw something--there's something not right here...

I slowly looked to where she was stepping but I felt chills when my eyes got to her feet...

Her feet...

Where is it?

She doesn't have any feet...

"Welcome back, Alice"

-------

Credits to Shai_raaa for the Book Cover.

This is not a full length english story :)

Vote and Comment!