⦁ 02. wakey wakey (no eggs 'n' bakey)

"I hold my head up just enough to see the sky
And when we go we won't go slow, we'll put up such a fight
When they fade into the dust and into ash
But all the children know for sure this pain will surely pass."

If this were one of those movies Elodie used to love, Piper would have fluttered her eyes open with a gentle smile, full of energy in an instant. She would have risen and stretched, slipped her legs off her bed and turned the alarm on her phone off before going to dress and begin her day in mere moments.

Piper's eyes instead slowly and unevenly blunk as streams of light shone through the gap of her curtains and into her chocolate eyes. Her brows creased and her right hand rose to cover them as her left fumbled for her phone and switched the alarm off. She dragged herself out of bed and spent a good ten minutes just standing to allow her brain to wake a little more.

After a slow hot shower followed by drying her hair, Piper finally rummaged through her room for something to wear. Settling on a red buttoned flare skirt and white crop top with short sleeves, she quickly threw them on with some tights and ankle boots. She took a light grey cardigan and left her room, careful not to wake any students up.

The school was emptier than usual, with many students out in town or visiting family. The rest were likely asleep. The population of the school was lower than when she had joined, making the over sized mansion feel even larger.

Finally making her way to the bottom floor, Piper paused at the door. Sitting on a stool was a tall man clad in a red and black skintight suit. Though the slightly odd choice in clothing was hardly the strangest thing she'd seen, considering she lived permanently with people who wore far worse, the fact a total stranger was sitting in the kitchen was.

She cleared her throat and waited for the man to acknowledge her. He continued to just stir a spoon in his mug and use crayons to color in a unicorn (poorly). Repeating herself, he turned to look at the brunette.

"Umm... sorry, can I help you?" She said, hesitantly walking further into the room. He had katanas strapped to his back and a pistol on his hip - either he was a maniac or had a very particular style. Or both (both was good). The man set his crayon down and looked at the woman across the room.

"Yeah, you know when Metal Dong's Russian ass is gonna show up? I've been waiting for ages. Second cup of coffee by now; who does the shopping here, your coffee's shit!" His voice was fast and not quite what she expected. She'd thought the man would have a deep and gravely tone, with serious words to match. This one seemed borderline childish.

"You mean Colossus? I dunno, he's probably asleep, or fussing over everyone?" Piper replied, reaching for the fridge and taking the carton of milk to get some cereal. He snorted at the second part, remembering all the lectures he'd been on the receiving end of.

"Right, right. Still spoutin' that shit 'good vs evil' BS, huh?." The guy said, continuing with his green and red unicorn, adding a few doodles on the side. With her breakfast prepared Piper took a seat across the counter.

"I'm sorry, who are you? And why do you need to see Piotr?" She said after a few moments, shoving a spoonful of cereal into her mouth.

"Wait, The Iron Giant didn't tell anyone? Man, thought this'd be some massive thing. Shame." He added too much force to the crayon, causing it to snap. "Fuck. Shit, I'm Deadpool. Why're you in Xavier's Goody-Two-Shoes school?"